Day Seven, no "not disapproved" still pending. MLK holiday interfere?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I'm "not disapproved" this morning.

Me too. Learned something new about Maryland's process. I have a MD wear and carry, yet the Crown still doesn't trust me to walk out the door on day of purchase. Stupid.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Me too. Learned something new about Maryland's process. I have a MD wear and carry, yet the Crown still doesn't trust me to walk out the door on day of purchase. Stupid.

They don’t actually trust you with that W&C either, in their mind you got lucky and beat their system. They aren’t going to give someone an added benefit for beating them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It's all sort of ridiculous anyway. The MSP already has everything completed and ready to go. It's an automated system, I doubt that a trooper is assigned to get up early every day, fire up his computer and hit "send" 80 times in a row.

It is the law.

Have to change the law to reduce or eliminate the wait.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    My "not disapproved" was this gem that United had on consignment. Not perfect, but half the new cost. We'll see how it shoots in a couple of days.

Attachments

• 20200122_175553.jpg
      20200122_175553.jpg
      165.2 KB · Views: 320

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My "not disapproved" was this gem that United had on consignment. Not perfect, but half the new cost. We'll see how it shoots in a couple of days.

It shoot like crap. Since I am a nice person, I will give you half of what you paid so you wont have to deal with it.

Seriously, Kimbers are nice, especially the older ones. They shoot great.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD

Ok, I hate you. Apparently I was a week late visiting them. I stopped in yesterday and ended up buying the Kimber Ultra Carry II they had on consignment. If that had been there it would have been one of the quickest purchases I ever made.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    Ok, I hate you. Apparently I was a week late visiting them. I stopped in yesterday and ended up buying the Kimber Ultra Carry II they had on consignment. If that had been there it would have been one of the quickest purchases I ever made.

Funny, they had it since October. No idea why it didn't move. My timing was good for a change!

pp55ftw

Jan 8, 2019
    Hey All,

I'm not sure if I'm worrying about nothing or if I should just call MSP. I did my paperwork on a simple S&W M&P 9 on Friday evening (17th), been checking on MSP from Tuesday-Today and the status is still "submitted to application pool" instead of "under review at MSP". Is this the new normal in the system or should I call my FFL and/or MSP? Really want to pick up my blaster tomorrow :)

Thanks!

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Hey All,

I'm not sure if I'm worrying about nothing or if I should just call MSP. I did my paperwork on a simple S&W M&P 9 on Friday evening (17th), been checking on MSP from Tuesday-Today and the status is still "submitted to application pool" instead of "under review at MSP". Is this the new normal in the system or should I call my FFL and/or MSP? Really want to pick up my blaster tomorrow :)

Thanks!

Call your FFL, sounds like they didn’t complete their portion of the 77r. If that’s the case there won’t be any picking it up for another week.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Hey All,

Thanks!

It's not the new normal. I submitted a 77r on Tuesday and mine says "UNDER REVIEW AT MDSP" when I just logged in.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hey All,

Thanks!

Call your FFL, sounds like they didn’t complete their portion of the 77r. If that’s the case there won’t be any picking it up for another week.

^ this. FFL did not submit it.

Do you have a receipt that you were charged for the $10? I get one in my email when the charge is approved. The email says "Payment Receipt Confirmation" with SKU "77r" and Description "MSP Application Fee (PIN NO HERE)"

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

It is more stupid than you may think.

A LEO... In uniform... With Duty Weapon in the holster that he/she is wearing at the time of purchase... is not allowed to walk out the door of the FFL with a new handgun either. We share in the infringement.

NO one should have to be under this kind of asinine BS... But we all are.

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    It is more stupid than you may think.

A LEO... In uniform... With Duty Weapon in the holster that he/she is wearing at the time of purchase... is not allowed to walk out the door of the FFL with a new handgun either. We share in the infringement.

NO one should have to be under this kind of asinine BS... But we all are.

That is crazy. I learned my lesson today as well. I bought two lowers today and I can’t buy anymore pistols or handguns until 30 days from now? I guess I’ll have to get my free gun collectors permit with the Peoples Republic of Maryland, but even then, I still have to wait 7 days...but at least it’s not 30 or 60 days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    That is crazy. I learned my lesson today as well. I bought two lowers today and I can’t buy anymore pistols or handguns until 30 days from now? I guess I’ll have to get my free gun collectors permit with the Peoples Republic of Maryland, but even then, I still have to wait 7 days...but at least it’s not 30 or 60 days...

The Designated Collector status is the best thing / worst thing for you. It's great because you can buy as many lowers or handguns as you want. It's bad because your poor wallet is going to hate you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The " 7 day " thing has always been confusing ...... Because MSP always. * Makes Stuff Up * as they go in that regards . Not trying to be randomly insulting , just observing .

Literally , it is supposed to only be a factor if the otherwise expected release date falls on a Sunday or Legal Holiday . If a Sunday, Holiday , snow day , lunar eclipse , etc falls anywhere on days 1 thru 6 , it's not supposed to matter . But MSP acts , when they act , and retroactive speculation has lots of quasi plausible interpretations .

I won't ramble here , but sometime in person , ask me how things used to be in the 1980's , aka the days of stamps and file cabinets .

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Worse than that...If you bought 2 regulated lowers (i.e. 2 5.56 compatible AR15 lowers) without a Designated Collectors Letter, you cannot buy another regulated firearm for 60 days (well, you can buy it....can't take delivery until 60 days is up). You could apply 53 days after receipt of the lowers. That will fly since you will have to wait for 60 days).

ABN

ATW!
    Jan 20, 2020
    Baltimore
    Worse than that...If you bought 2 regulated lowers (i.e. 2 5.56 compatible AR15 lowers) without a Designated Collectors Letter, you cannot buy another regulated firearm for 60 days (well, you can buy it....can't take delivery until 60 days is up). You could apply 53 days after receipt of the lowers. That will fly since you will have to wait for 60 days).

Yeah that is BS. The designated collectors letter is on my to do for today. Gonna get that sucker notarized and mailed out after I register my car today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom