Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Shotguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2020, 06:14 PM #1401
STeveZ's Avatar
STeveZ STeveZ is offline
Thank you, Abelard
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 705
STeveZ STeveZ is offline
Thank you, Abelard
STeveZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 705
I'm not a huge fan of a plain case colored finish, but engraving takes it to a whole 'nother level. Very nice!

__________________
Have you ever considered any real freedoms? Freedoms from the opinion of others... even the opinions of yourself?
STeveZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2020, 06:23 PM #1402
STeveZ's Avatar
STeveZ STeveZ is offline
Thank you, Abelard
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 705
STeveZ STeveZ is offline
Thank you, Abelard
STeveZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Posts: 705
I bought two of these SKB .410's and sold the second one a few weeks ago.







It was a great shooter at 28" w/ fixed M/F chokes. In fact I liked shooting it so much I decided to upgrade to a 30" Rizzini BR110 w/ tubes!







__________________
Have you ever considered any real freedoms? Freedoms from the opinion of others... even the opinions of yourself?
STeveZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2020, 06:32 PM #1403
El_flasko's Avatar
El_flasko El_flasko is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 6,695
El_flasko El_flasko is offline
El_flasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 6,695
Iíve wanted a 870 Marine Magnum for quite sometime, and I finally found one in pristine unfired condition for a steal up at Ricks in Conowingo. Super stoked and these things are built like tanks







__________________
Ryan C. Lowry
Branch Manager, Southern Trust Mortgage
RLowry@SouthernTrust.com
www.LoansbyLowry.com
410 753 2236

NRA member & MSI Executive member
El_flasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2020, 11:03 PM #1404
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,768
Images: 4
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,768
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_flasko View Post
Iíve wanted a 870 Marine Magnum for quite sometime, and I finally found one in pristine unfired condition for a steal up at Ricks in Conowingo. Super stoked and these things are built like tanks







I dont know what it is about maricote type shotguns that stick in your brain. One has been on my list since my 20s. Have two RIA hard chrome pumps that keep me occupied for now.
Jimbob2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 07:24 PM #1405
El_flasko's Avatar
El_flasko El_flasko is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 6,695
El_flasko El_flasko is offline
El_flasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
I dont know what it is about maricote type shotguns that stick in your brain. One has been on my list since my 20s. Have two RIA hard chrome pumps that keep me occupied for now.


Saw those online somewhere and I think PJdiesel has one. Are they made well for the price?
__________________
Ryan C. Lowry
Branch Manager, Southern Trust Mortgage
RLowry@SouthernTrust.com
www.LoansbyLowry.com
410 753 2236

NRA member & MSI Executive member
El_flasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2020, 10:13 PM #1406
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,768
Images: 4
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,768
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_flasko View Post
Saw those online somewhere and I think PJdiesel has one. Are they made well for the price?
Its typical RIA with the usual lack of cosmetic polish but the function is perfect and its one of the smoothest racking pumps I have ever handled. One will end up permanently at my cabin at some point tucked away and locked down. Its cheap enough I wont worry and durable enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

They do what they are intended to do and are low cost, well beyond what you would expect for a $200 shotgun. Not much more to say.
Jimbob2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 07:27 PM #1407
El_flasko's Avatar
El_flasko El_flasko is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 6,695
El_flasko El_flasko is offline
El_flasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Abingdon, MD
Posts: 6,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Its typical RIA with the usual lack of cosmetic polish but the function is perfect and its one of the smoothest racking pumps I have ever handled. One will end up permanently at my cabin at some point tucked away and locked down. Its cheap enough I wont worry and durable enough that it shouldn't be an issue.



They do what they are intended to do and are low cost, well beyond what you would expect for a $200 shotgun. Not much more to say.


Exactly what I wanted to know.
__________________
Ryan C. Lowry
Branch Manager, Southern Trust Mortgage
RLowry@SouthernTrust.com
www.LoansbyLowry.com
410 753 2236

NRA member & MSI Executive member
El_flasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2020, 06:23 PM #1408
Straightbolt's Avatar
Straightbolt Straightbolt is online now
unindicted co-conspirator
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The 'Burbs
Posts: 1,438
Straightbolt Straightbolt is online now
unindicted co-conspirator
Straightbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: The 'Burbs
Posts: 1,438
My Remington 870 HD shotgun
Attached Images
   
Straightbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2020, 09:08 PM #1409
BossmanPJ's Avatar
BossmanPJ BossmanPJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cecil County
Posts: 6,381
BossmanPJ BossmanPJ is online now
Senior Member
BossmanPJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cecil County
Posts: 6,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_flasko View Post
Saw those online somewhere and I think PJdiesel has one. Are they made well for the price?
I have one. Iíve shot the hell out of it. Works every time. No issues. Action is extremely smooth. If you hold the shotgun vertical and press the slide release it will fall all the way down without touching it. Pretty neat.
BossmanPJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2020, 10:05 PM #1410
Batt816's Avatar
Batt816 Batt816 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Eastern Shore
Posts: 656
Batt816 Batt816 is online now
Member
Batt816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Eastern Shore
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Its typical RIA with the usual lack of cosmetic polish but the function is perfect and its one of the smoothest racking pumps I have ever handled. One will end up permanently at my cabin at some point tucked away and locked down. Its cheap enough I wont worry and durable enough that it shouldn't be an issue.

They do what they are intended to do and are low cost, well beyond what you would expect for a $200 shotgun. Not much more to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossmanPJ View Post
I have one. Iíve shot the hell out of it. Works every time. No issues. Action is extremely smooth. If you hold the shotgun vertical and press the slide release it will fall all the way down without touching it. Pretty neat.
Dammit....... this group is always making me want to buy something
Batt816 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Shotguns


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service