• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I seem to recall talking to someone about this earlier but can't recall whether it was going to happen in the near term or not...

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I seem to recall talking to someone about this earlier but can't recall whether it was going to happen in the near term or not...

USPSA would fall under the AGC Action Shooting umbrella. That said, my co-chair Rick and I am completely tapped out and stretched far too thin to take on an new types of monthly events at this time. In addition to that, we know absolutely nothing about USPSA.

Right now, we are doing our best to grow the IDPA, 3 Gun, and Steel Challenge programs. There are no plans to bring anything new into the mix until those programs have matured and they can be handed off to a new of Match directors that can take them over and run them successfully on their own.

The only way we would consider taking on something like this now is if there were a highly experienced individual who could start and run the program independently. They would need to be vetted, recommended to and approved by the AGC EXCOM in order to be eligible for Event Director Status, which is a time consuming process. If you know someone like that, then please let me know and we can get together and talk about it. Otherwise, I would say that we are at least two years away from even thinking about it.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    USPSA would fall under the AGC Action Shooting umbrella. That said, my co-chair Rick and I am completely tapped out and stretched far too thin to take on an new types of monthly events at this time. In addition to that, we know absolutely nothing about USPSA.

Right now, we are doing our best to grow the IDPA, 3 Gun, and Steel Challenge programs. There are no plans to bring anything new into the mix until those programs have matured and they can be handed off to a new of Match directors that can take them over and run them successfully on their own.

The only way we would consider taking on something like this now is if there were a highly experienced individual who could start and run the program independently. They would need to be vetted, recommended to and approved by the AGC EXCOM in order to be eligible for Event Director Status, which is a time consuming process. If you know someone like that, then please let me know and we can get together and talk about it. Otherwise, I would say that we are at least two years away from even thinking about it.
    Fair enough. We all appreciate the stellar job you folk have done to bring THREE action events to the AGC.

If the focus is to hand off the responsibility to Match Directors, what might that education path look like for interested volunteers? I have, for example, started looking at the RO path for USPSA. I may be wrong but I am guessing these requirements would cover Steel Challenge.

John

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Fair enough. We all appreciate the stellar job you folk have done to bring THREE action events to the AGC.

If the focus is to hand off the responsibility to Match Directors, what might that education path look like for interested volunteers? I have, for example, started looking at the RO path for USPSA. I may be wrong but I am guessing these requirements would cover Steel Challenge.

John

Very good question. According to the AGC Action Shooting Policy, an individual must be granted "Action Shooting Event Director" status in order to be eligible to schedule and manage Action Shooting Events as defined by the policy. Action Shooting Event Directors are ultimately approved by the EXCOM as recommended by the Action Shooting Chairperson(s).

I have been trying to formalize a process for this, however it keeps changing as we learn more. We are finding that there really are not that many volunteers that are highly experienced in their game of choice, as well as willing/able to make the commitments necessary to run that program from soup to nuts. We have been very lucky to find one such person who was eager to take on IDPA and has been doing a very good job of it.

If a person were truly interested, then the best thing to do would be to regularly sign up for a Three Gun and Steel Challenge Matches and get on a squad with myself or Rick. Show up early or the day before to help setup and spend some time with Rick learning how to design stages using what we have available to us. Once we all get to know each other, we will start to teach you how to administer Practiscore, run the tablets, and give you an opportunity to act as an RO and help run a squad.

Outside of doing those things, becoming a certified NRA RSO and getting certified in First Aid/CPR are also required. USPSA, IDPA, etc certifications will certainly be helpful in the future when we get to the point that we are ready to run sanctioned matches, but not a requirement at this time.

If anyone is truly interested, send me a PM with your name, email and cell phone. I will add your information to my list and see that you are on a squad with either Rick or myself for future matches.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Very good question. According to the AGC Action Shooting Policy, an individual must be granted "Action Shooting Event Director" status in order to be eligible to schedule and manage Action Shooting Events as defined by the policy. Action Shooting Event Directors are ultimately approved by the EXCOM as recommended by the Action Shooting Chairperson(s).

I have been trying to formalize a process for this, however it keeps changing as we learn more. We are finding that there really are not that many volunteers that are highly experienced in their game of choice, as well as willing/able to make the commitments necessary to run that program from soup to nuts. We have been very lucky to find one such person who was eager to take on IDPA and has been doing a very good job of it.

If a person were truly interested, then the best thing to do would be to regularly sign up for a Three Gun and Steel Challenge Matches and get on a squad with myself or Rick. Show up early or the day before to help setup and spend some time with Rick learning how to design stages using what we have available to us. Once we all get to know each other, we will start to teach you how to administer Practiscore, run the tablets, and give you an opportunity to act as an RO and help run a squad.

Outside of doing those things, becoming a certified NRA RSO and getting certified in First Aid/CPR are also required. USPSA, IDPA, etc certifications will certainly be helpful in the future when we get to the point that we are ready to run sanctioned matches, but not a requirement at this time.

If anyone is truly interested, send me a PM with your name, email and cell phone. I will add your information to my list and see that you are on a squad with either Rick or myself for future matches.

Perfect. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom