• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awhite

Oct 30, 2013
    That was an alsome letter. Very well written and to the point. Im so prowed to be a american and gun owner, just wish the people in power for this state would realize that with our help this state would be a safer place to live.Hats off the the person that wrote the letter.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is for a moderate position I could support. I am all in for the 2A, but I reject infringing on Women's rights. Why can't we let everyone live and let live? Why does electing politicians who are for the 2nd, mean they are against liberal social policies that let people live their damned lives as they see fit...

Can't we deal with the issues one by one... I hate conservatives for their positions based on obsolete religious views, and I hate liberals for wanting to limit my rights to live a lawful life and not doing anyone any harm...

Sigh... sucks to be in the middle... But Molon labe...

Niels

Next month I have a motorcycle trip planned to the Great Moderates in American Politics Hall of Fame. Oh, that's right, all those that fit that bill could fit in a spot a pot on the side of the interstate.

And you denigrate the faith of a billion christians, jews, mormons, etc... Heckuva first post Arnold.

Now what advice did my good friend Eruby give me?

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    One could argue (and my wife certainly has) that Trump IS the guy on the right(er) side of things that we've been long waiting for in that regard. Yes, for keeping-the-base-together-for-getting-elected-reasons, he's given some campaign-season lip service to the wishes of the dwindling hardcore religious types. But he's no evangelical, and seems blissfully free of allowing that sort of throwback orthodoxy to cloud his more practical pursuit of getting useful things done.

His stance on Roe v Wade is oriented more around the fact it was a clumsily constructed and arguably unconstitutional bit of awkwardness that should be back in the hands of state legislatures (and, ideally, congress). I don't think he's actually a personal crank on the topic of a woman a few weeks pregnant grappling with that issue. Regardless, Trump knows it's OK to signal his (very common) general distaste for abortion (especially of the late-term variety) while recognizing that pretty much any new SCOTUS member he seats will leave it well enough alone for all the obvious reasons.

I don't think Trump gives a rat's ass about anyone's sexual orientation, but he's willing to listen to military brass and bean counters on the sensibility of taking on the logistical and medical expense ramifications of inviting onto the DoD budget someone who is essentially stating, "As soon as I'm signed up, I'm looking for the taxpayers to pony up for tens of thousands of dollars worth of surgery and a lifetime of drugs." Looking out for the orderliness and rational budget concerns of the DoD is NOT NOT NOT the same as being a medieval-minded religious scold on the subject generally. One might recall that he was on the record supporting gay marriage long before either the Clintons OR Obama changed their stance on the matter.

In many ways, Trump is exactly the socially moderate, "normal person" that many more contemporary GOP and libertarian-minded folks have been desperate to see shake up the stuck-in-the-mud conservatives that need to get off the one-note religious fixations and focus on liberty, fiscal rationality, defense, and the rest without constantly signaling their urge to run the place like a theocracy. I'm very glad those voices are fading right along with Tammy Faye Baker's mascara - they're one of the reasons the insane left was able to get broad traction over the last 30 years, and the existence of those puritanical voices on the right is one of the only reasons that the left's current scare tactics about Roe and the rest sound plausible to the low-information public. The religious end of the right is STILL GIVING AMMO to the left on that subject, and thus making fights over things like immigration and 2A harder for us all.

Yes, real life in elections means sometimes we choose strange bedfellows. Whatever unease I have with some of the fringe-ish hard right religious types, we can all get along better than I could ever get along with the vanishingly small number of mostly-sensible people that accidentally find themselves on the D side. Nice to see the "#WalkAway" movement making headway there, that's for sure.

Very well put.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom