• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PgRefugee

Jan 23, 2015
    PSA is definitely slow, but I personally haven't had any issues. Also, I can understand not wanting to navigate the iceberg filled waters that are Maryland laws.

I've been buying from PSA (Palmetto State Armory) off and on over last several years and tried buying ammo from them recently due to a great sale they had going.

Because I live in Montgomery County, they refused the order!?!? I knew MontCo tried passing a law against online ammo sales but saw that it was thrown out.

I called PSA informing them of this and got escalated up to a supervisor who apologized but said the owner of PSA issued orders not to deal with MD in general on anything remotely controversial, which includes firearms!

What I got out of the conversation is that the owner of PSA isn't interested in doing business with MD even if they're complying with MD law.

What is it with them?

Don't blame them, blame your friends and neighbors who vote for the left wing vermin that infest the general assembly

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I understand the law was over turned in MD vs Atlantic. The point is that the law still exists on the books. Again turn your frustration at the correct source, IE MoCo legislative body, not PSA. Go point out that the law was overturned and should be removed. Go to one their meetings and request it. Stop bitching about it on the internet.
    I calculate there is a 100% chance you don't live in MoCo and/or Baltimore City with this kind of response. I'd predict eastern shore or maybe the western panhandle, because it seems like a lot of the members from out there seem completely in denial about how blue MoCo is.

Put it this way: we're lucky that the council doesn't try to just keep passing new gun control laws in the hopes that they'd get more "voluntary compliance" ala PSA. If we were a real community, we'd boycott PSA... but as seen from other posts, there's a segment of the member that are perfectly fine if PSA screws MD gun owners that aren't them.

Soggy2007

Jul 4, 2008
    I Just had the same thing happen to me. I'm shocked and pissed, I've been buying parts from PSA for years and didn't know this was an issue until now! No such law exists in Montgomery County MD.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I am in baltimore county, ordered ammo on 8/10, they billed me on 8/12, order has not yet been denied but I also haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, talked to a lady on Monday who said they were a solid week back on ammo orders alone due the recent sale, supposed to get an email this week according to her...we shall see

I shoot at one of their ranges twice a week. No hoarding going on. No panic buying. However, a new software system has held up some orders for a few weeks. That's the eyeball 411 from the horse, me. They should have informed you guys of that. As far as shipping to certain locales, I reckon that's all about corporate policy out of Columbia. That's the nature of the business.
    Stay safe, I'm out. (Of MD until I get buried there.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom