• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    They will make examples of the easy cases (low hanging fruit). If you bought an AR and did paperwork on it then they know who you are.
    If you're arrested I'm sure the conviction would make you a Prohibited Person.

Remember the good old days when the Democrats pretended they weren't coming for your guns?

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The madness in our minds now begins! Yes there is a hidden agenda by the FAR LEFT. The middle of the road Dems also a large group that do own and enjoy all the amenities that are tied to guns. As a retired USCG Officer, and a gun owner since 1963 when I was 8 years old I have heard the banter of the loss of our 2A rights. Yes, things have gotten tighter and more restrictive, some states like NY, NJ, CN, MA, CA and HI always have been very restrictive in gun control. This is nothing new, some other states have enacted additional restrictions with out hindering our 2A rights. The majority of non gun owners on both sides of the isle, only see the damage done by shootings and do not understand even why we have 2A in our Constitution they see it aa a relic of the past until educated on the reason why it is in our Constitution.

I explained to a non gun owner why we have 2A rights in simple terms. I through this out; If a law was created by any level of the government that allowed any form of government official to enter your house without any reason and were allowed to remove anything they deemed illegal why would you do. If you or one of you family members said something on social media that was determined to be subversive. Such as I believe in the Constitution, then the government agents came to your house and arrested you through you in prison and you had no trial. After some other discussions they now under stood that 2A is applicable today as it was 200 years ago. Yes there are those that will never listen or agree due to a fault in the wiring of the brains we cannot control that. As far as so called assault rifles; people see the design and the look of a rifle and are ignorant of what is an assault rifle is.

Many of my ignorant friends see my hunting rifles as OK and have a purpose of hunting. What people realize all long guns and pistols were designed to kill people first, hunting came as an ancillary use. Hine site is 20/20 on the 2A may just maybe the manufacturers should do a redesign of the look of long guns. It would remove one of the far lefts arguments about the look of long guns. Personally I believe everyone should not be hindered in owning any type of long gun or pistol. Myself I have never been interested in owning any long guns that are not typically used for hunting. They do the same job as any other style long gun and do it better. As you have may have noted I have not used the word weapon as a long gun or pistol becomes a weapon when you use it to protect your home or when used against a person. I have hunting implements not weapons.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    The madness in our minds now begins! Yes there is a hidden agenda by the FAR LEFT. The middle of the road Dems also a large group that do own and enjoy all the amenities that are tied to guns. As a retired USCG Officer, and a gun owner since 1963 when I was 8 years old I have heard the banter of the loss of our 2A rights. Yes, things have gotten tighter and more restrictive, some states like NY, NJ, CN, MA, CA and HI always have been very restrictive in gun control. This is nothing new, some other states have enacted additional restrictions with out hindering our 2A rights. The majority of non gun owners on both sides of the isle, only see the damage done by shootings and do not understand even why we have 2A in our Constitution they see it aa a relic of the past until educated on the reason why it is in our Constitution.

I explained to a non gun owner why we have 2A rights in simple terms. I through this out; If a law was created by any level of the government that allowed any form of government official to enter your house without any reason and were allowed to remove anything they deemed illegal why would you do. If you or one of you family members said something on social media that was determined to be subversive. Such as I believe in the Constitution, then the government agents came to your house and arrested you through you in prison and you had no trial. After some other discussions they now under stood that 2A is applicable today as it was 200 years ago. Yes there are those that will never listen or agree due to a fault in the wiring of the brains we cannot control that. As far as so called assault rifles; people see the design and the look of a rifle and are ignorant of what is an assault rifle is.

Many of my ignorant friends see my hunting rifles as OK and have a purpose of hunting. What people realize all long guns and pistols were designed to kill people first, hunting came as an ancillary use. Hine site is 20/20 on the 2A may just maybe the manufacturers should do a redesign of the look of long guns. It would remove one of the far lefts arguments about the look of long guns. Personally I believe everyone should not be hindered in owning any type of long gun or pistol. Myself I have never been interested in owning any long guns that are not typically used for hunting. They do the same job as any other style long gun and do it better. As you have may have noted I have not used the word weapon as a long gun or pistol becomes a weapon when you use it to protect your home or when used against a person. I have hunting implements not weapons.

No they shouldnt redesign shit. That would just be seen by the left as another win and to the public it would basically say yes guns are mean

Plain and Simple we are on the hill. Through whatever means you choose here is the time and place to make the stand.

Hitler said erode thier freedoms slowly by the time they realize its to late. Well we are about to cross the bridge to "Too Late to do anything about it" right now.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    ... any mag seen in public without a sticker gets the owner three hots and a cot.

...or gets the arresting officer shot...

Disclaimer: I am a law abiding citizen and would NEVER consider advocating such disrespectful and criminal behavior, only offering another totally hypothetical point of view that some other people may hold. ;)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    The key here is registration. If they register a firearm, do you think they would stop at a $200.00 tax? Before long that $200.00 tax would be $2000.00 or more. You don't pay, they garnish your wages,shut off your e!electricity,revoke your drivers license, etc. No need to kick in your door.

Uh-huh, so look at this another way; what you are saying is they will have the .gov take away everything I've worked for, my home, my savings, etc... Right?

Okay, cool, NOW... I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR... Now, you've made the top of the food chain angry, and thirsty... For traitor's blood.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    ...or gets the arresting officer shot...

Disclaimer: I am a law abiding citizen and would NEVER consider advocating such disrespectful and criminal behavior, only offering another totally hypothetical point of view that some other people may hold. ;)

This is a legitimate concern though

Politicians want to gain political power. And to do that they are willing to turn honest citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen then send other people with guns to arrest those citizens, putting multiple people in danger. The police are in danger in that kind of a situation and the citizen is in danger.

It is creating crime where there was none before and risking multiple lives to stop the crime they created, all for the benefit of the politician

It is criminal

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    No they shouldnt redesign shit. That would just be seen by the left as another win and to the public it would basically say yes guns are mean

Plain and Simple we are on the hill. Through whatever means you choose here is the time and place to make the stand.

Hitler said erode thier freedoms slowly by the time they realize its to late. Well we are about to cross the bridge to "Too Late to do anything about it" right now.

So in that type of thinking we should not redesign autos to be safer? We should not redesign out houses to be safer? We should not redesign out tools to be safer? We should not redesign our computers to be more efficient? We should not redesign our long guns to shoot more accurate? We should not redesign our environmental screw ups to help the environment be cleaner. We should not redesign our medical field to be safer?

Agree we need to make a stand however we need to not let erosion of our 2A rights to go any further. So we should not redesign our tactics either?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    So in that type of thinking we should not redesign autos to be safer? We should not redesign out houses to be safer? We should not redesign out tools to be safer? We should not redesign our computers to be more efficient? We should not redesign our long guns to shoot more accurate? We should not redesign our environmental screw ups to help the environment be cleaner. We should not redesign our medical field to be safer?

Agree we need to make a stand however we need to not let erosion of our 2A rights to go any further. So we should not redesign our tactics either?

Yes we should! Time is running out. Tick Tock! Soon only outlaws will have guns and ammunition! Are you going to forfeit your God given rights?

[YT]CoIaXsDnc3g[/YT]

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

In what way would you design guns to be "safer"? Guns have been continuously redesigned to be more effective tools for their application. The reason AR15s and tavors look the way they do is because of that progress. We shouldn't fudd up effective designs to placate the gun grabbers. If you're saying to redesign old wooden bolt guns to look more tactical, that would also be silly. There is no placating them. The goal of gun-grabbers(who are almost always democrats) is to completely get rid of the right to keep and bear arms.

We also shouldn't think of "weapon" as a bad word. I don't even think "violence" is a bad word. I have weapons in my gun safe for the purpose of putting holes through people that pose a threat to myself or my family. They are defensive weapons. We don't win by eliminating those from our lexicon. That's ceding territory in the realm of ideas to gun grabbers. Instead, we need to make the idea that just use of force is acceptable mainstream. Nearly all people will agree if taken there in baby steps. for instance....

1) Do people have a right to stop someone from trying to kill or rape them?
    2) If someone is trying to kill or rape you, should you be allowed to hurt the attacker in order to stop them?
    3) should you be allowed to learn and use martial arts to stop an attack against you?
    4) should you be able to use pepper spray?
    5) should you be allowed to use a club? Knife?
    6) why not a gun?

...then go on to explain why they are effective and even bring out some stats if the convo goes that way. Just use of force is something everyone should be okay with and it's a good starting place to understand why weapons and violence are needed in soceity. Unjust use of force is what everyone should be against, and we currently have laws against unjust use of force(murder, robbery, rape...etc) by any means(hands, knife, gun...etc)

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau

You are not of us.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The Leftists are only thinking this way due to the lawsuit by the NY AG and Wayne Lapierre dancing on his dick instead of taking his golden parachute retirement and leaving the Fairfax building.

The NRA was absent for Trump and the down ballot races in 2020.

The NRA has losted it's mojo thanks to Wayne's fuch-ups and the Left is now thinking we're a paper tiger that can be defeated since we are worse off now than '92 or '08.

The NRA doesn't have the nerve and moxy to work the Capital halls and floors to get a Sundown clause like the Clinton AWB.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Just for grins and giggles, I did a back of the envelope of what a $200 registration would cost me in magazines alone... Let's just say, it is enough to push any sane person towards active defiance.

Your not alone I'd be well into 5 figures on just pmags. Throw in all the 10/22 mags, pistol mags, m1a mags etc and I could buy a new vehicle with what this "tax" would cost.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Many of my ignorant friends see my hunting rifles as OK and have a purpose of hunting. ....Hine site is 20/20 on the 2A may just maybe the manufacturers should do a redesign of the look of long guns. Myself I have never been interested in owning any long guns that are not typically used for hunting. They do the same job as any other style long gun and do it better.

If things get crazy, people are going to be using those "hunting rifles" to take out politicians from 200-300 yds away. At that point all those hunting rifles become "sniper" rifles and they get confiscated as well.

As you have may have noted I have not used the word weapon as a long gun or pistol becomes a weapon when you use it to protect your home or when used against a person. I have hunting implements not weapons.

Interesting viewpoint. I use my credit card to hunt for food in grocery stores. All of my guns are weapons. The only reason I have them is to defend my life or defend this country.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    So where are they going to house all the non abiders? Are they going to let criminals go free to make room for the new "criminals"? People will comply and people will not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom