Attachments

• D92E2418-7190-4AC2-9879-DE6BFFE6BF63.jpg
      D92E2418-7190-4AC2-9879-DE6BFFE6BF63.jpg
      95.1 KB · Views: 403

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Lots of nice features, but I’d like to try one before spending $130 on it.

Question, Do you have to use the anti walk pins that come with it or can you use your factory pins?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Lots of nice features, but I’d like to try one before spending $130 on it.

Question, Do you have to use the anti walk pins that come with it or can you use your factory pins?

I’m not a fan of them but mine came with the anti walk pins.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What makes it great for an ar9

The hammer is cut specifically for an AR9 bolt. Some of the drop-in triggers (so I have read) don't work with some of the AR9 bolts. From the manufacturer:

"Hammer dimensions have been modified to facilitate the 9mm platform and ensure success with each pull of the trigger."

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I’m not a fan of them but mine came with the anti walk pins.

Yeah - that almost gave me cause to pass; I think the anti-walk pins look stupid. Also the pins that come with some anti-walk pin kits are roughly finished and cheap and actually make the trigger pull worse. That I have seen first hand.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OBTW - very nice looking AR 9, rouchna, all your firearms seem to be top-shelf.

[EDIT] Arggh! I wished I lived in a state where I could SBR my AR9; must be 29" OAL!!!!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When I get the chance; I'll try this trigger and a couple others I have to see if there are any reset issues. It MIGHT be a moot point with the ramped bolts we now have for 9mm. If nothing else, I just wanted a lighter faster trigger.

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That's what I have as well, I think it was $150. For the difference I'd much rather have the Geissele.

If you want to use a Geissele in a 9mm PCC, you better read this from Geissele, looks like you have voided your warranty:

"Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons or Pistol Caliber Carbine AR15/M4 variants. Using them in these platforms will void the warranty. "

See:
    https://geissele.com/hi-speed-national-match-trigger-set.html

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you want to use a Geissele in a 9mm PCC, you better read this from Geissele, looks like you have voided your warranty:

"Please note, our triggers are designed for mil-spec AR15/M4 carbine rifles. Our AR15 triggers are not compatible with the Sig MPX/MCX weapons or Pistol Caliber Carbine AR15/M4 variants. Using them in these platforms will void the warranty. "

See:
    https://geissele.com/hi-speed-national-match-trigger-set.html

I’m not too concerned. Clandestine himself has a Geissele trigger in his 9mm AR.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Looks like it has the same profile as the old Colt 9mm hammer. In the early days the underside of the bolt was flat, and would damage or otherwise not work with a standard FCG, so Colt used a special hammer. When PCCs got popular, companies changed the bolt aka "ramping" it to work with a standard AR15 hammer/ FCG, and it wasn't an issue any more. It's a relic like "large pin" receivers, and "blocked" receivers back when there was an issue with differentiating semi and FA receivers. Problem now is that some GLOCK mag bolts have the underside of the bolt a little higher than the standard rifle cal bolt, so some triggers aren't pushed down far enough to hit the disconnector and reset the trigger. So long story short, a number of FCGs work with current ramped bolts, some have issues, like the standard CMC triggers with some bolts, so they made this one. I haven't been a fan of CMC triggers, Giessele (especially the brownells.exclusives) are more reliable and have a better pull, others have a better pull. They aren't bad per-se, and they did pretty much popularize drop-in cartridge triggers, but IMO there is more movement, a softer/longer reset and they feel a bit heavier than newer designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom