• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Question. I did two Feb and March 2019. I lost my job of 22 years end of Dec 2018 went without a job until Nov. 2019. As such, I was not able to pay the stamp for the switchback 22 from mid Feb 2019 until this year. They cashed my "check" Feb 12- my birthday. I got my stamp from United Gun Shop a week ago. Did they still do background checks during last year even though I have not paid the stamp? My Omega 300 stamp was sent to Gymratz right before but they have not received it as of yet. My Switchback22 was purchased two weeks prior to the Omega. Thanks.

I am confused. You got the stamp. So take it home. Why ask more than that?

"Did the government do its job correctly" and actually run the background check is never a question you really want the answer to!

I dont know when they run the prints based check during the 9mos-1yr they are working on the form... sometime after the check I assume... but you also fill out a 4473 when you pick it up.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    My first Form 4

Check cashed: 06/22/2019

Approved: 03/20/2020

Awaiting word from my FFL on when the stamp comes in.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Picked up from FFL: 05/07/2020

Almost a year
    361b55fc71aa232aec7040233dcad689.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Oh yeah

I am confused. You got the stamp. So take it home. Why ask more than that?

"Did the government do its job correctly" and actually run the background check is never a question you really want the answer to!

I dont know when they run the prints based check during the 9mos-1yr they are working on the form... sometime after the check I assume... but you also fill out a 4473 when you pick it up.

At my house now. Just wondering why it was fast after cashing check or part of total time process

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    At my house now. Just wondering why it was fast after cashing check or part of total time process

Who knows. Some people are getting stuff back in under 90 days since an alleged pilot program last year, some people are getting it back in over 365. It boggles the mind. My theory is that they throw the apps into a giant raffle drum, spin it, and pull out the next winner. My theory is as good as anyone elses.

I am happy that stuff is coming back at all with the pandemic.

Be happy!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thanks

Who knows. Some people are getting stuff back in under 90 days since an alleged pilot program last year, some people are getting it back in over 365. It boggles the mind. My theory is that they throw the apps into a giant raffle drum, spin it, and pull out the next winner. My theory is as good as anyone elses.

I am happy that stuff is coming back at all with the pandemic.

Be happy!

Thanks Me iz very happy. This Switchback 22 is the one where you can make three lengths and flip half backwards to get to an average of 106-108db for little subbies.

Funny when something goes right the MD Glum comes out. Lolol

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Yup- sounds about right to me. I want to purchase a dead air wolf man, but continental said good luck finding one lmao
    The easiest way to get one is to get on Silencershop's waitlist. They don't typically let you pre-order anything that's more than 1-2 months out. If you email them they should get back to you with an estimate pretty quickly. Then it's just a matter of picking a dealer near you and getting your passport photo taken + electronic prints done there.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    The easiest way to get one is to get on Silencershop's waitlist. They don't typically let you pre-order anything that's more than 1-2 months out. If you email them they should get back to you with an estimate pretty quickly. Then it's just a matter of picking a dealer near you and getting your passport photo taken + electronic prints done there.

The photo can be done on the Kiosk or the smartphone app. The prints can be done on the kiosk.

All you need is to find a dealer with a kiosk.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The photo can be done on the Kiosk or the smartphone app. The prints can be done on the kiosk.

All you need is to find a dealer with a kiosk.

And once you've done that, the prints are keepers in their back end system. I paid them (Silencer Shop) the $34 to handle a new Form 1 the other day ... and other than uploading a new mug shot, they did everything else. They mailed the prints, are handling the LEO notification, taking care of the ATF, etc. I didn't have to fuss with getting/mailing prints, since they already had 'em via my original kiosk process on a different transaction.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    And once you've done that, the prints are keepers in their back end system. I paid them (Silencer Shop) the $34 to handle a new Form 1 the other day ... and other than uploading a new mug shot, they did everything else. They mailed the prints, are handling the LEO notification, taking care of the ATF, etc. I didn't have to fuss with getting/mailing prints, since they already had 'em via my original kiosk process on a different transaction.
    Yeah I need to do 2x form 1s and keep missing the boat on them when their beta tests go live. It's real obnoxious. Silencershop is where my single shot trust setup is. $34 convenience fee is worth it to me.

And thanks to the poster above for clarifying how the prints and passport photos work. Seriously. It's really easy. And that is the best way to get a dead air Wolfman unless you're in Virginia. Then probably go with the Hansohn Bros waitlist and use a discount code for better pricing than SS. And they'll even upload the stuff into Silencershop for you.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Yeah- I had to go the old school way at continental. FBI print cards and passport photos from Walmart. I got 2 sets done, so if continental gets one, they are probably the closest class 3 dealer to me.

I know the pawn shop has a kiosk though :)

Eventually I’ll have to get set up in a silencer shop. 34 dollar fee per use? Do they mail the check to the atf, or do we?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Yeah- I had to go the old school way at continental. FBI print cards and passport photos from Walmart. I got 2 sets done, so if continental gets one, they are probably the closest class 3 dealer to me.

I know the pawn shop has a kiosk though :)

Eventually I’ll have to get set up in a silencer shop. 34 dollar fee per use? Do they mail the check to the atf, or do we?
    $34 per use is specifically only for the eForm1 service they are beta testing at the moment. Form4 is just pay for the silencer and $200+ a $5 (so $205 total) silencershop fee for your tax stamp. Once your prints and passport photo are in the system you just buy stuff like you do any other e-commerce website. The silencer gets shipped to your dealer of choice (you can pick whatever one you want from their website), and eventually you get some paperwork to electronically sign in your email. Then Silencershop sends your paperwork off and even lets you know when your $200 is cashed. Then at some point you get an email or a phone call from the dealer you picked that it is time to come get your can.

The whole thing is very easy and your hand gets held the whole way. Customer service is good too.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    The whole thing is very easy and your hand gets held the whole way. Customer service is good too.

I recently started the process for my first purchase on a coworker's advice and it really is super easy. The SilencerShop people are very quick and on it, too. My paperwork was looked at every day and I got constant updates about what needed to be done. The kiosk was extremely easy to use, as well.

The only regret I have in this whole process is not doing it much sooner.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    does anyone know if they have a expiration date for prints? I got a few extra sets done a few years back , and wasn't sure if i could still use them or not?

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    well , i'm offically at one year on my trust application . who knows how long it will be with the wu flu thing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom