• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    L3Harris Technologies has sold EOTech to American Holoptics, an affiliate of Koucar Management. The transaction is expected to close in mid-2020 and is conditioned on customary closing conditions.

LINK

LINK

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    SO L3 Harris makes public safety radios and sells public safety radios to the us gov ,state and local governments as well. It seems to me L3 should keep it instead of selling it. They could work EOTech in as part of a package deal government entries as well.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    SO L3 Harris makes public safety radios and sells public safety radios to the us gov ,state and local governments as well. It seems to me L3 should keep it instead of selling it. They could work EOTech in as part of a package deal government entries as well.
    Gonna see lots of small and or specialty companies bought out during this “crisis”

Want to keep a close eye to ensure there isn’t a pattern of buying (only to trash or dismantle) companies that support freedom/shooting and readiness related sports

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My guess: L3Harris is consolidating its lines of effort.
    Eotech's private industry sales are probably a lot more than its gov sales at this point, which made it stick out. Given that it is also almost certainly a tiny fraction of their income and it likely is seen as a potential political risk, they probably sold it to a smaller group of interested investors. Possibly board members?

One thing that is interesting is that L3Harris has the contract with the Army for next gen NVGs, and EOTECH was a supplier of image intensifier tubes for that contract. I'm guessing the NVG stuff has likely been consolidated with L3Harris prior to the sale?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    My guess: L3Harris is consolidating its lines of effort.
    Eotech's private industry sales are probably a lot more than its gov sales at this point, which made it stick out. Given that it is also almost certainly a tiny fraction of their income and it likely is seen as a potential political risk, they probably sold it to a smaller group of interested investors. Possibly board members?

One thing that is interesting is that L3Harris has the contract with the Army for next gen NVGs, and EOTECH was a supplier of image intensifier tubes for that contract. I'm guessing the NVG stuff has likely been consolidated with L3Harris prior to the sale?
    Be very interesting to find THAT out though, wouldn’t it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom