• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

J-Ceee

Dec 14, 2015
    Applied 12/10 approved 1/07. Card in hand 1/13. My sig p320 will be at Clyde's tomorrow. Then I get my gun! Oh wait....

gunformation

Feb 1, 2016
    MSP Timeframe

I applied on 1/12/16, nothing approved except Application/License and DHMH. I called Maryland State Police and they told me that they have 30 BUSINESS days. It's going to take months... I have a friend that just got his card, and it came in 6 weeks. MSP told me that they are very overloaded with work. I guess people are scared that Obama will make another policy which will make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to buy guns.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I applied on 1/12/16, nothing approved except Application/License and DHMH. I called Maryland State Police and they told me that they have 30 BUSINESS days. It's going to take months... I have a friend that just got his card, and it came in 6 weeks. MSP told me that they are very overloaded with work. I guess people are scared that Obama will make another policy which will make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to buy guns.

you'll be approved within two weeks......calling really wasn;t necessary but i understand the anticipation and constantly logging into msp site looking at your checklist :P patience is a virtue man

gunformation

Feb 1, 2016
    I'm an Amazon Now kind of guy (2 hour delivery). Patience isn't one of my strong points lol. The wait is driving me crazy.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    It will be 25-28 days and another week to get the card in the mail. Nothing will change until they all go complete. It has been pretty consistent for the past couple of months.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I applied for mine on 1/2/16 same day as the LiveScan prints. The status didn't change until the day it went active on 1/27/16. Received it in the mail today.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    How long are license taking to get mailed for people who had to take training? Wife took training and applied on 12/28/2015 and has not heard or received anything. I applied same day but was training exempt and already have my license in hand. Applications were done at a all in one place and I dont have her login info to check hers and if I enter her name and birthday it comes up there is no record.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    How long are license taking to get mailed for people who had to take training? Wife took training and applied on 12/28/2015 and has not heard or received anything. I applied same day but was training exempt and already have my license in hand. Applications were done at a all in one place and I dont have her login info to check hers and if I enter her name and birthday it comes up there is no record.
    You might want to call to check on hers. I applied the same time 12/27 and was not training exempt. Mine went active on 1/21 and I got the card about a week later. Your wife's is way over due.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Since it is past 30 days, I think that you are beyond the being patient period. Time for them to explain why it has not been completed.

Jmward2008

Feb 3, 2016
    Harco
    Damn I guess it really is taking forever. Im doing my hql the 28th of feb., and then still have to wait what seems like forever lol. Guess ill build an AR while im waiting lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom