HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Habitual Drunkard does have a legal definition . ( Three or more alcohol related offenses , most recent within 2 yrs .)

The Weed Card thing comes up regularly here , and in Annapolis .

Whatever your otherwise thoughts on weed , the current half@ss wink- wink , knod- knod is the worst of all possible paths .

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Well since I don't drink or smoke, I think I am ok.

I did not know the ATF form gives up your right to HIPPA. Feels kind of creepy for the government to have the right to look up my medical records. I understand why they do though, as they are looking for a medical history that would prohibit you from owning a firearm.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Gee whillikers, kids, just look at what your friends in the MD govt have done for you.

Why not vote for them, again and again, until your friends in the Social Justice Mob come to burn your neighborhood. Don't try to stop them, because you've been denied the tools to do so, and you voted into office the folks who did that to you.

Defund the police. Silence equals violence. Time to kiss the butts of your ̶o̶p̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶o̶r̶s̶ Social Justice Warrior friends; maybe they won't stomp you half to death, if you get on your knees and confess what a racist scumbag you have always been.

It would be funny until you see that joke's on you. Just go get stoned; it'll make it all better.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Gee whillikers, kids, just look at what your friends in the MD govt have done for you.

Why not vote for them, again and again, until your friends in the Social Justice Mob come to burn your neighborhood. Don't try to stop them, because you've been denied the tools to do so, and you voted into office the folks who did that to you.

Defund the police. Silence equals violence. Time to kiss the butts of your ̶o̶p̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶o̶r̶s̶ Social Justice Warrior friends; maybe they won't stomp you half to death, if you get on your knees and confess what a racist scumbag you have always been.

It would be funny until you see that joke's on you. Just go get stoned; it'll make it all better.

BobA , that is exactly what is happening Fat Larry is no better and most politicians feel they know better then I .
    I want them to stay the hell away from me and leave me alone .

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Don't do rifles, either. If you're using drugs the federal government considers illegal, you may not purchase a firearm. Your MM card is you saying you use those drugs.

You'll need to stick with medieval weapons. Just no daggers or dirks in Maryland, of course.

Shall not be infringed

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Medical marijuana...has a nice ring to it.

I’m dead sure it has application and provides relief. I didn’t make it illegal. I did make a living in an outfit that spent lots of taxpayer money in the misnamed WAR ON DRUGS. Tax that shit and be done with it.

Politicians are stone cold stupid, immoral losers. The folks that elect and re-elect them get exactly what they deserve.

As long as MJ is illegal and BATFE controls guns and ammo, MM is gonna be a disqualifier.

To be surprised is imo naive. I get it if you’re angry but surprised? You’re looking at all of this the wrong way.

Legislation and our legal system are designed to make our money theirs. Period.

Anything that is so complex, ambiguous and or ignorant is an excuse for the septic system that is our machinery of jurisprudence to aggressively assault our precious personal assets...time and money.

C’mon. It’s simple.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

I did not know the ATF form gives up your right to HIPPA. Feels kind of creepy for the government to have the right to look up my medical records. I understand why they do though, as they are looking for a medical history that would prohibit you from owning a firearm.

Nothing prohibits you from owning a firearm. Only certain government entities violate your right to own a firearm. It is up to you as the individual if you want to ignore that and accept that you may have to defend yourself one day against tyrants.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

MSP not ATF.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Fishin' for them squareGroupers off the coast of Florida.:D
    Yeah man.

When they introduced AUF, I thought maybe we were gonna get serious. (Airborne Use of Force). Barrett’s from helos. “Disabling fire.” Those lanchas can go like hell with several outboards on them. Turns out BMG rounds stop outboards from outboarding pretty quick. They’re also crowd pleasers for the home team and tend to break the spirit of the visiting team.

SquareGroupers don’t eat good but they float awesome. Stack well on deck too. No migrant jokes inserted here...

The semi-submersibles changed the game for a minute. Then that got old too.

Back to MM and no go on carrying weapons in MD...

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    It’s a tough call. There ARE some people that shouldn’t own guns. All but the most radical here would agree to that. And those under the influence of mind altering chemicals are probably some of them. If you’re in an altered state, it seems possible that you may make a bad decision. And if said bad decision involves a firearm, really bad things can happen. If one is a *regular user* (habitual?) of mind altering substances, that possibility seems much more likely than if one is not a regular user.
    And we can’t say bad things will never happen, because in an altered state, people sometimes make bad decisions. That’s sort of the definition of being in a mind altered state. So the reasoning actually makes sense. I’m not discussing whether there are valid medical uses for mind altering chemicals. But even if you’re using them medically, if you’re a regular user of them (or perceived to be) bad decisions can happen and in those times owning a gun doesn’t seem to be the safe play. We can argue whether this idea conflicts with a literal reading of the 2A (it does). But we have lots of laws that bump into each other. We have courts to rule on the overlaps. But I think it’s reasonable that some people are deemed prohibited from owning and that regular users of mind altering substances are among those prohibited - regardless of why those substances are being used. And just to be clear, I don’t think it’s reasonable that every citizen of a state is arbitrarily prohibited from owning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think drunks are responsible for more screwups with firearms than potheads.

Personally, all this nanny-state-ism regulating peoples' behavior is a crock. Leave people the hell alone; if they screw up, that's the time to deal with them.

Personal responsibility; if you ain't got it, you don't get it. Even with all its rules and regs, no one can say with a straight face that the govt is doing a good job addressing peoples' behaviors with all their laws and regs.

But I'll wait for the inevitable fools with straight faces to come and support the nanny state concept.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Another for of government control. Get everyone on Legal Marijuana but you forfeit your right to own a firearm.
    Well, if it's legal in the STATE you happen to reside in, but it's not been legalized on a national scale, that kinda still makes it illegal all along, just a particular crime the feds aren't actively prosecuting.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well, if it's legal in the STATE you happen to reside in, but it's not been legalized on a national scale, that kinda still makes it illegal all along, just a particular crime the feds aren't actively prosecuting.

Federal firearms law trumps state laws in this case. It's up to the big boys in DC to address the legal status of marijuana.

Once they all get on board the MJ gravy train, with their exemptions from insider trading laws, legalisation will follow. It's just a matter of working out the ̶p̶a̶y̶o̶f̶f̶s̶ details.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    I just had this conversation with a friend with chronic pain. Our laws make zero sense. We lost the war on drugs. Legalize, tax, and treat. Problems solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I just had this conversation with a friend with chronic pain. Our laws make zero sense. We lost the war on drugs. Legalize, tax, and treat. Problems solved.

All that is inevitable. But that doesn’t mean you should be allowed to get behind the wheel or operate a firearm while using mind altering chemicals.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    ...that doesn’t mean you should be allowed to get behind the wheel or operate a firearm while using mind altering chemicals.

Some folks don't seem to comprehend this... impaired is impaired... i.e. not in complete control of your faculties... Thanks, but I'd rather you NOT drive, operate machinery, ride a motorcycle, wield a firearm, and a host of other things that may end my or any of my loved ones short stay on this planet... prematurely.
    Isn't it tough enough navigating through this life sober?:sad20:

christy20657

Jul 31, 2020
    Exactly and had we been told 1. when we applied for the MM license that we would lose our 2nd amendment rights we may not have applied and 2. had we been told when we initially applied, during or after our HQL class, we would not have wasted $640.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom