• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    The Liberal mindset is very dangerous and deadly .

Indeed.

People who identify as Liberals Democrats in political affiliation overwhelmingly support far more restrictive national gun legislation as a means of reducing gun violence. That's a political and statistical fact that can't be denied. Everyone knows it won't reduce crime or stop mentally deranged individuals from committing mass murder, but it is the Liberal Democrat mindset nevertheless.

It's all smoke and mirrors though. I'm convinced their ultimate goal is registration and then confiscation. I may never see it in my lifetime, but I don't believe for one minute they will ever stop trying.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I did not see this listed on this site...

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2013/Pri...e-the-Threat-of-Firearm-Related-Violence.aspx

The study is proposing creation of a comprehensive firearms ownership database, among other things. I came across it reading this...

http://news.yahoo.com/why-don-t-study-gun-violence-way-study-105555551.html

Be afraid... be very afraid. They seem to be focused on control of guns, not correction of the mental problems violent offenders exhibit in the first place.

Liberal programs are designed to make them feel good, not really accomplish anything.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Indeed.

People who identify as Liberals Democrats in political affiliation overwhelmingly support far more restrictive national gun legislation as a means of reducing gun violence. That's a political and statistical fact that can't be denied. Everyone knows it won't reduce crime or stop mentally deranged individuals from committing mass murder, but it is the Liberal Democrat mindset nevertheless.

It's all smoke and mirrors though. I'm convinced their ultimate goal is registration and then confiscation. I may never see it in my lifetime, but I don't believe for one minute they will ever stop trying.

It's no different than reducing costs of medical care by mandating lower reimbursements to the primary care providers. Arbitrarily paying out less has little to do with the actual cost of care, but the gov't is doing something to 'reduce costs'. Unfortunately they forget to remember those pesky unintended consequences. and the 'Gruberites' (the stupid American voters) think it sounds great until it screws them over ......:sad20:

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Indeed.

Sadly, I think they do believe it will work. I think too many people take action on the wrong problem... they act out of reflex rather than a considered thoughtful position.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sadly, I think they do believe it will work. I think too many people take action on the wrong problem... they act out of reflex rather than a considered thoughtful position.

And yet sadly again, you have just described the liberal mindset. Don't use reason or facts, just feelings.

It's like a dog chasing his tail.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    This is the Center for Disease Control!

Where in their charter do they get to deviate from their stated mission and study something that isn't related to diseases?

Are they going to study airplane or car accidents next?

They should not be funded for this as violence is not disease related. Let the FBI do a study. (Oops, they already have!)

Part and parcel of Obama care used to void the 2A. Declare guns the disease vector of violence, jack up insurance rates for gun owning families / bulidings.
    Note: "buildings", they could use peer pressure by 10xing insurance rates for everone in an apartment complex as they are all within the infection radius. By the way, lying about gun ownership would be tax evasion!

Far fetched?

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Part and parcel of Obama care used to void the 2A. Declare guns the disease vector of violence, jack up insurance rates for gun owning families / bulidings.
    Note: "buildings", they could use peer pressure by 10xing insurance rates for everone in an apartment complex as they are all within the infection radius. By the way, lying about gun ownership would be tax evasion!

Far fetched?

Is anything really far fetched with Hussein at the helm.:sad20:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    A gun owner database aka gun licensing/registration is all it takes to make confiscation possible. The gun control freaks know this and they will do and say anything to make it happen.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Liberal legacies ...

Breitbart.com -
    Flashback: Sweeping Gun Control Signed After 1968 Protests

As we read stories of violent protests and watch racial agitators continually act lawlessly accountable, we need to understand we are are in a place we’ve been before. We were here in 1968, where protests dominated the news, and where the result was the passage of sweeping gun control in the form of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Then, as now, we had a DemocRATic president. President Lyndon Baines Johnson was more than happy to sign the measure that outlined categories of regulated firearms, made it illegal for a law-abiding citizen to buy a handgun in person from a retailer outside his or her state of residence, and placed new taxes on firearm importers, manufacturers, and dealers, among other things. In other words, he was more than happy to punish American society as whole, and shackle law-abiding citizens, rather than confront the lawlessness where it was and as it was.

Then, as now,the Second Amendment Foundation {archived by JPFO} shows polls were being used to say the American people were open to gun control while Senators and Representatives were simultaneously being bombarded by mountains of mail and constituent contacts opposing gun control.

Will history repeat itself ???

Unlike citizens in 1968, we have to be smart enough to keep the pressure on our Senators and Representatives so they know we are not looking for a crackdown on guns, but a crackdown on lawlessness.

Attachments

• fb4X8.jpg
      fb4X8.jpg
      44.5 KB · Views: 132

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    In the 1990s, the NRA persuaded Congress to pass legislation forbidding the CDC from using federal dollars to promote or advocate gun control.

(BUT...)

In early 2013, President Obama directed the CDC to resume gun violence research. ...

Sums him up.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I've believed forever that wide sweeping gun control laws will be implemented under the guise of national security.

Can't have a cleverly arranged, race based conflagration without firearms.

Sooooo, I'm onboard with what you're saying.

2 years is a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom