Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Jobs Board

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:28 AM #21
live free or die

live free or die

I have background in sales and management in retail, but I wanted a change so I went back to college and finished my degree in business management with a minor in Homeland security from UMUC. I am looking for job in the Homeland security field. I was told by my adviser that with the combination of a business degree and Homeland security I should have no problem getting in with the government, managing an office or something like that. Well I graduated last December and still here I sit. I did not finish off my Homeland Security hopping that the government would pay me to go back if they wanted me to. I will work six days a week if need be I just need a chance to prove myself, but nobody will give me that chance.
Ronald Reagan
I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.
Ronald Reagan
jtarpley59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM #22

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

bump

If you must make a compromise to carry a concealed handgun, compromise on fashion, not the firearm.
joppaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM #23
Man about town

Man about town

Not unemployed but looking for part time work

I have a full time job so if I'm breaking rules here, I apologize (please delete my post if it's breaking a rule). I'm looking for a part time job, preferably in security.
I have three years military, one year in Iraq (2003-2004) doing mostly convoy security and supply. Worked for two years as a DoD armed guard. Left in July this year for my current position. Graduated the DoD academy (DT, active shooter, OC, M9, 12 GA, first aid/AED/CPR, etc). Currently have a top secret clearance.
I work really long hours M-F and am really looking for something to do on the weekends.
I know a lot of you don't have jobs at all and please forgive me if I'm out of line posting for a second job.
casualmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:38 PM #24
M1 Addict

M1 Addict

While not looking for work i am looking for people who would be interested in part tims employement in retail. Main areas I would be looking for are hagerstown, frederick, possibly moco.

Must have a valid drivers license, be able to pass a background and drug test, and over the age of 18.

If you or someone you know are looking please contact me as we are looking to fill our spots asap.
Old November 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM #25

Part Time

Hello all,

I've posted on the Jobs Board before, but maybe my post would have been better directed here. I have over 10 years of firearm repair/gunsmith experience both military and civilian. I have also worked retail, warehousing, lumber distribution, roofing, custom home construction, apartment renovation, lock smithing and fast food. It took a while to find my niche . I am seeking part time employment with any of the above fields who may be hiring. I've filled out over 40 applications to places in the last year, and only one call back which was a no-go due to it being misadvertised as a part time gig when it was actually full time. If anyone has any leads or interest in a jack-of-all-trades master of none, please feel free to post a reply or via PM. God bless.
WarVet762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:32 PM #26

Hello Everyone,

I have B.A. degrees in Economics and International Studies from Johns Hopkins University. I have some experience in fundraising from working as a non profit representative for the school as part of JHU Phonathon, and I was a contributing writer for the JHU Newsletter. I have a working knowledge of Spanish, am proficient in the use of telecommunications software, and proficient in the use of Microsoft excel. Due to my research on the effectiveness of short sale bans on the 2004 SEC Pilot program, I am also capable of using Stata. I know that this stuff is very basic, but Ione has to start somewhere. I have been unemployed since I finished with a series of medical procedures in April 2012 and have yet to find a position. At this point I am willing to do anything that will involve me getting paid legally, preferably in the Baltimore area. I have a wilingness to learn and am hardworking and organized. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM #27

I'm looking for part time work. I'm currently a third year law student at the University of Baltimore. I have BSes in entrepreneurship and legal studies from Indiana University. I have retail experience in liquor stores. I'm looking for something around Baltimore city or around Bethesda.

My posts are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. These posts do not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship. The information provided in this post is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a licensed attorney.

The opinions expressed are those of the individual author and not the opinions of any firm or organization.
NateIU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM #28

Retail Sales, Firearms

Retail Sales, Firearms

Realco Guns Inc.
6108 Marlboro Pike
Forestville MD 20747

We are looking for one sales person to complete our team. We offer a unique opportunity for a motivated and detail oriented person with an interest in firearms. Candidates must be good communicators, personable, conscientious and reliable, with experience in retail sales or other work with the public. Also, good handwriting some computer literacy and moderate typing skills are requested. An established interest and some depth of knowledge in the field of firearms is required. A military background is often beneficial. Our employees frequently remain with our company for many years, some stay for decades. We seek someone interested in similar longevity.

This position entails a great responsibility to the community and requires compliance with many laws and regulations. We abide by all laws and you will be instructed in their application. You must be over 21 and have no criminal record and be rigorously ethical. Our commitment to customer service is what has always separated us from the competition and accounts for our 40 successful years in the firearms business. Applicants should be interested in maintaining that tradition of excellence.

Duties include:
Customer service
General sales
Clerical (assisting with forms, data entry, record keeping, filing)
Receiving, unpacking and stocking merchandise
Inventory
Light cleaning and maintenance (vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
Shipping
Phone reception
Phone notifications
Security

Benefits:
Starting salary $12.00 per hour.
Full time, 10 hour / 4 day work-week,
BC/BS healthcare stipend and one week paid vacation after first year of employment.
Employee discount

Please submit resume to info@realcoguns.com and include a brief statement of interest and compatibility.

Thank you for your interest.
tenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM #29

Chemistry = should be easy to become a teacher with very good benefits. This is not a slouch degree.
Infantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM #30

Kingwilliam

Moved to Maryland about a year ago so no experience in this state. Have held operations manager position at last job, assistant store manager job before that, wahrehouse manager befor that, and was automotive tech for many years before that. Can provide full resume when needed. Any questions please feel free to ask me by email. williambrownrigg@yahoo.com
Kingwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Jobs Board