• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Impact Data Books

Team Blaster Shooter
    Nov 19, 2010
    VA
    I got bit by the PCC bug and have been shooting a ton of it last 4-5 months. Anyone else out there shooting and rocking PCC in outlaw or USPSA?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't compete, but I love shooting my 9mm AR. There are a few here who do.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That's pretty much all I've been shooting, competition wise, since May. Except for that one 3-gun match. My PCC is currently not reliable enough to get through a whole match without a hitch, so I'll be switching to something else for USPSA and rimfire rifle for Steel Challenge.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    My wife is getting a lower, I guess that leaves it up to me to build it. Looks like it would be fun to play with, I'm not sure I'll take it very seriously from a competition standpoint though.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep, used my PCC in various USPSA matches (including fredericksburg, quantico, thurmont/mpsa, shadowhawk [new club above winchester] and also falling steel (supersteel) at peacemaker. lotsa fun, super cheap ammo, cheap mags (glock), and a relatively inexpensive entry point vs Limited or Open.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I am shooting mostly Steel Challenge and outlaw matches like Super Steel at PNTC. This weekend is the East Coast Steel Challenge main event at Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club in PA. Shooting PCCO in Saturday PM. Got to pick my ammo in the next day or so, likely Fed 115g FMJ. Shooting 2 rimfire divisions on Sunday.

Impact Data Books

Team Blaster Shooter
    Nov 19, 2010
    VA
    I have been running the Nordic Components 9mm PCC. I have had zero issues with it using factory glock mags. I have ran it in about 18 matches so far to include the lucas oil championship. The only issue I have had is with a Taccom splice that went to shit on me one the first stage at Lucas. I will be switching to the MBX one piece extensions.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I shoot at West Shore and Thurmont PCC. It's a blast. I've shot some 3GN PCC as well but you have to use pistol/shotgun there.....

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Slowly getting started in PCC.
    I have a dedicated Spikes Lower 9mm BHO feature for Glock mags.
    Any recommendations on a reliable complete upper that wont break the bank?
    Thanks

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just saw that Shadowhawk has a USPSA style all steel match on the 30th and PCC is allowed. Used to love shooting the North Mountain all steel matches. So I entered that. This weekend is the ECSC main event.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Slowly getting started in PCC.
    I have a dedicated Spikes Lower 9mm BHO feature for Glock mags.
    Any recommendations on a reliable complete upper that wont break the bank?
    Thanks

Build your own if you have any AR type stuff around. Need a barrel and cheap is PSA at $99 for a LW SOCOM profile 16" 9mm threaded barrel. Especially if you have a spare AR upper lying around. Main trick is the buffer and recoil springs as that is critical for a blowback 9mm type rifle. Buy something that comes with all the parts dedicated for 9mm, and especially a good 9mm BCG. Then whatever stock, trigger, buffer tube, pistol grip, and handguard you might like or have. Only thing that drove up the cost of mine was the MVB SMG style stock because it came with its own short buffer tube, buffer, and double recoil springs for 9mm.

PCC9-1A.jpg

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    My wife is getting a lower, I guess that leaves it up to me to build it. Looks like it would be fun to play with, I'm not sure I'll take it very seriously from a competition standpoint though.

way kinder than how I would put it.. I can't stand PCC at regular USPSA matches.
    I think PCC should be it's own thing and not thrown into a pistol sport.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Not sure if this counts since I haven't shot it competitively and its not an AR platform but I recently bought a Ruger PC9. I put a Sig Romeo5 on it and set it up for Glock mags. It shoots great and has been utterly reliable so far.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    way kinder than how I would put it.. I can't stand PCC at regular USPSA matches.
    I think PCC should be it's own thing and not thrown into a pistol sport.

Truth!

It's a pistol match, if you have to use a rifle your not doing it right.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Truth!

It's a pistol match, if you have to use a rifle your not doing it right.

Ah, but its not the United States Pistol Shooting Association its the United States Practical Shooting Association.
    Hands down its way more fun with the PCC than my Open pistol. And in outlaw matches with no mag limits I often use the mags from my PCC in my G34 racegun. Its sort of like a video game where you set the controls for never running out of ammo.:lol2:
    USPSA is a game that bears little resemblance to real life so anything that makes it "gamier" makes it more fun. And PCC is about the only serious fun in IDPA.
    They added PCC due to popularity and the fact that more people are using PCC as HD weapons. Heck in one of my clubs the membership overruled the officers and voted to allow PCC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom