• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Well, I have zero chance to be approved under Maryland "may issue". But because I was a 95B/31B for a time in the Army I can get my LEOSA credentials. Military Police were added to the LEOSA law in 2013. It will cost less then being disapproved by MD. I would need to qualify yearly. What would be the downside?

Link for those that didn't know like myself.
    http://www.leosaonline.com/

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Well, I have zero chance to be approved under Maryland "may issue". But because I was a 95B/31B for a time in the Army I can get my LEOSA credentials. Military Police were added to the LEOSA law in 2013. It will cost less then being disapproved by MD. I would need to qualify yearly. What would be the down side?

?

Last edited:

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    I was one long enough Active, Reserves and Guard. The LEOSA law even covers the Nasty Guard (an Zoomies). I'm doing the FBI Identity History Summary ($18 doing it yourself or $50 for the FBI Channeler near me) next day off. The process looks easy as heck. Just trying to find if there is a downside carrying under LEOSA in MD as a MD resident.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, I have zero chance to be approved under Maryland "may issue". But because I was a 95B/31B for a time in the Army I can get my LEOSA credentials. Military Police were added to the LEOSA law in 2013. It will cost less then being disapproved by MD. I would need to qualify yearly. What would be the downside?

The downside is that you don't apply and don't get to carry legally.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    One requirement that page doesn't mention is that there is a 10 year requirement (if separated) in a law enforcement position.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you meet the 10 years maryland will issue you leosa .but you still need the leosa card for md to issue it but if your where an mp in Maryland you can get a wear and carry

(States) Maryland does not issue LEOSA. In your case that would be the DOD. Someone's former agency "issues LEOSA".

Maryland State police will not issue a wear and carry permit to someone who would qualify for LEOSA from their agency.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    (States) Maryland does not issue LEOSA. In your case that would be the DOD. Someone's former agency "issues LEOSA".

Maryland State police will not issue a wear and carry permit to someone who would qualify for LEOSA from their agency.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Maryland training commission does

No. The commission does yearly quals. for certification. How in the world would the commission verify someone's law enforcement experience? They are certainly not doing investigations in order to give people LEOSA cards.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

I understand MD has nothing to do with it. MD won't let me have a permit, no business, not a Doc or lawyer. FL issued me one :D Now, I'll spend a few bucks to tell MD, I GOT MINE :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I understand MD has nothing to do with it. MD won't let me have a permit, no business, not a Doc or lawyer. FL issued me one :D Now, I'll spend a few bucks to tell MD, I GOT MINE :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

From the State police permit page.

"The Maryland Department of State Police provides State of Maryland Qualified Separated Law Enforcement Officers an identification card to carry a concealed handgun to those who have separated from the Maryland Department of State Police only. Members of other Maryland law enforcement agencies seeking this identification card should contact their respective agencies."

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    From the State police permit page.

"The Maryland Department of State Police provides State of Maryland Qualified Separated Law Enforcement Officers an identification card to carry a concealed handgun to those who have separated from the Maryland Department of State Police only. Members of other Maryland law enforcement agencies seeking this identification card should contact their respective agencies."
    here

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

How long ago? I e mailed with the guy in charge of the program there, Mike, and he told me they just do yearly quals for certs. This was maybe no longer than 2 years ago. Now unless the commission does it specifically for military. Which was never mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom