• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barcuna

Aug 13, 2009
    Virginia
    First match, Saturday, Sept 9, 2017.

Six stages, one a classifier (CM 03-05, Paper Poppers), 130+ rounds.
    Signup on Practiscore (Shadow Hawk Defense) beginning Sept. 1.
    AM and PM squads.
    Check out the website www.shadowhawkdefense.com
    There are also Facebook and Practiscore pages.
    Address is 436 Apple Harvest Drive, Hedgesville, WV 25427.
    Great range, easy drive, good roads.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    are you the MD there, or if not do you know who it is? i'm def signing up, great to have a new venue.

any input on if they will be doing 3 gun or anything else in the future?

barcuna

Aug 13, 2009
    Virginia
    are you the MD there, or if not do you know who it is? i'm def signing up, great to have a new venue.

any input on if they will be doing 3 gun or anything else in the future?
    Yes, I'm MD and RM. They are building 5 new bays, pretty much dedicated to the shooting sports. We'll being doing other types of matches, I'm sure. And you know 3 gun tops my list, lol!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Yes, I'm MD and RM. They are building 5 new bays, pretty much dedicated to the shooting sports. We'll being doing other types of matches, I'm sure. And you know 3 gun tops my list, lol!

had fun at your summit point matches and surely will at this new venue!

barcuna

Aug 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I wondered what happened to those.
    The shooting bays at Summit Point were leased to a client on a 24/7 basis, with the caveat that no one else would be able to use them at any time.

North Mountain. The apple orchard was at the end of it's useful life, so far as producing apples. So the owner had to make a decision. Push out the old trees, plant new ones and wait five years before they start producing and making money. Or, push out the trees and sell off the land as building lots or create a subdivision. Now this is just conjecture on my part, but most of the orchardists in this area are finding out there is a lot more money and a lot less work in real estate than in running orchards. My money is on the orchard being developed into housing. It's really an ideal location for folks commuting to the DC area, only five miles to I-66 and the real estate prices are much lower out this way. It would be a hard job selling building lots/houses next to a shooting range.
    Both cases, just a business decision.
    So, hopefully, with the support of the shooting community, Shadow Hawk Defense will be able to fill some of the void.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The shooting bays at Summit Point were leased to a client on a 24/7 basis, with the caveat that no one else would be able to use them at any time.

I'm going to guess it's not being used at all now. Which is a shame.

It's really an ideal location for folks commuting to the DC area, only five miles to I-66 and the real estate prices are much lower out this way. It would be a hard job selling building lots/houses next to a shooting range.

That's a long haul on 66 on a weekend, I'd hate to have to commute from there during rush hour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom