• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The old W&C app asked if all business taxes where paid and current.

My interview (at westminster) officer told me that bringing my bank statements would help my G&S case. When I redacted some of the info from the statement he told me he could not except it. If I where in the position to make waves I would not have complied. I know I became part of the problem when I did.

I'm not aware that business taxes being up to date was requirement per state statute?? And they still aren't required per state statute or COMAR, and since it is no longer on the application, why do they insist on doing the job of the Maryland Comptroller?

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I'm not aware that business taxes being up to date was requirement per state statute?? And they still aren't required per state statute or COMAR, and since it is no longer on the application, why do they insist on doing the job of the Maryland Comptroller?

I love this MSP (dumb) logic! They want to know you are paid up on taxes. So let's just say the answer is YES!! Then wouldn't you automatically have business deposits to PAY those taxes??? And it's easy to find out if your business is in good standing in MD. Just another hurdle MSP puts in place while they say stupid sh1t like "the legislators never intended" all the while creating their own hurdles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Don't worry. Hogan will be along shortly to fix all this mess. Sorry, just had a brain cramp.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    my usual contribution.

Attachments

• msp  clown car.jpg
      msp clown car.jpg
      78 KB · Views: 562

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

There are always things on the application that arent in the law or comar. Some of them are pretty major.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

I assume if you provide incorrect information on the form (or if you lie) you automatically get disapproved?

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    .... And it's easy to find out if your business is in good standing in MD. ....

Agreed. I check the State of Maryland's own website regularly for my work. It takes 30 seconds to see if a company is not in good standing due to failure to pay taxes. Not that MSP should care in the first place but why can't they check their own employer's website?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My investigator told me when scheduling the meeting I needed to bring bank statements and deposits. If not, then no need to schedule interview and withdraw my application. I had sent about ten recent deposits with my application that were never forwarded to the investigator.

Let me get this straight - THE LD IS NOW ACCEPTING CASH DEPOSITS???

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

j/k, but...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

This is just typical SOP of a LEO. They can make up anything they like, and it is your job to know the law and assert your rights.

It is the nature of government to expand without limit; our Constitution establishes limits, but government has been eroding them since the day they were enacted. Maryland is an almost-perfect example of government intrusion, intransigence, inefficiency (read: waste) and disregard of Constitutional rights. The gun laws here are not about all of us who obey the law, they are all about the boyz in the 'hood who disregard all law. I agree with 5.56Blaster - I will leave the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland the second my family situation makes possible.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This is just typical SOP of a LEO. They can make up anything they like, and it is your job to know the law and assert your rights.

Bingo!

But those applying for permits are often times cowered into obeyance by fear of not obtaining said permit.

If you or I were asked to provide bank statements IN ADDITION to all the rest of the documents needed for a permit renewal we would tell them to pound sand.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I was told I had too much proof, too many documents...

They didn't want to stamp them and tried to refuse to accept them.

It's your scheme. Stamp till your wrist hurts. Go pound sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

Amen to that. l've been thinking lately, even though I don't have what the LD of the People's Republic of Maryland would call a "good and substantial reason" to carry a firearm, that I might go ahead and apply just so that I would add to the number of folks who applied to exercise their rights, but were denied by the state. I found myself at the MSP website, where I read this:

Where are Firearms Prohibited?

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. *Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. *This list should not be considered all-inclusive.**
    1. On school property (CR 4-102)
    2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place (CR 4-208)
    (and more)

This last part is bulls hit. Go read 4-208. It does not say that you can't carry within 1000 feet of a demonstration, it says:

(b)*Prohibited. --

***(1)*This subsection does not apply to a law enforcement officer.

***(2)*A person may not have a firearm in the person's possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:

******(i)*the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and

******(ii)*the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

which means that you can certainly carry a firearm at demonstration. The LD posts information that they want you to believe, hoping that you won't notice that it is incorrect. Hats off to the cop on the beat, but the asshats that write this policy shitt need a lesson on the Constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom