Gauging Interests----A Maryland Shooters Sprint Run Forum Knife?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you purchase a MD Shooters Limited Edition knife? (see post for knife details)

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 40 25.0%
    • Yes, conditionally (please specify)

Votes: 41 25.6%
    • Probably—but still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%
    • Maybe—undecided

Votes: 19 11.9%
    • No

Votes: 21 13.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I don't know why, but when I saw this on the home page (where the full title is not visible) and listed in the edged weapons forum, the first thing I thought of was a MDS Sword. Which would be badass. And I would probably offer my first born to have it... A folding knife though, maybe. I checked "Probably but undecided" in the poll. Tan grip with black blade is pretty cool, but I'd like to see the MDS shield logo on it in white.

Now I'm going to be sitting here imagining a MDS sword for the next few hours... Lol

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Definitely a folder. I prefer no serrations and something with a good lock. Prefer American made.

Blue/black 550 cord would be cool.

How about the 2.5 tuff lite by Cold Steel.

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/TUFF-LITE.20_SERIES/TUFF-LITE_SERIES.aspx

cs-20lt.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'd be interested if it didn't say Forum or Knife. I think Maryland Shooters 2014 is sufficient. Just me.

This, for sure. 2014 is a very special year for gun owners in Maryland. This is the year we vote out the bums that voted for SB281; or not, and they will never again even pretend to listen to what we have to say.

Just words Maryland Shooters, or the MDS logo is cool. With the 2014 or not, either is ok. Definitely don't want it to say 'forum' and anyone reading it will know it's a knife, duh. LOL.

I suggested a knife that's 2.5" or less because that would be legal just about anywhere including in federal buildings (it's a federal statute).

Also like:

0.jpg

new
    2410_35.JPG

Spyderco_Techno_C158TIP_Folding_Pocket_Knife_CTS_XHP_Stainless_Steel_Flat_Ground_Plain_Edge_Blade_Titanium_Handle.png

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm pretty flexible, but tend toward minimal; logo, MDShooters, 2014 works for me. I don't like the cluttered look.

BM, axis lock, all the way. Size, small enough to carry, big enough to be useful. I'm extremely fond of my Benchmade 942; I think it's ideal.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Based off of the replies, what would you think if the engraving looked something like this? Obviously the image is pretty crude but I'm no artist...

I figured the lanyard could mirror the colors, maybe add an anodized ti-bead for a little eye candy.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 328
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 270
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 356
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 333
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      67.3 KB · Views: 359
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 347

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I checked "Maybe".

Usually participate in these group buys, but kinda particular when it comes to knives. Now if we were talking MD Shooters knife lanyards or lanyard beads ... I'm "absolutely" in for a box load.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not bad. I'm just concerned with any wording or logo that gets close to the edge, sharpening would likely mar it up. Maybe just special etched grips? I like the lanyard idea. One could be MDShooters (red/yellow/black) and the other cord could be MSI blue and maybe even white. Just a thought.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Looks OK by me; might want to shrink the shield logo a bit.

Also, if you lost the serrations, you could put the shield closer to the scales, move the text out toward the tip; it would give you a bit more room for the graphic.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    The color of the handle and serrations just happen to be what I have on that knife. The actual production would almost surely be plain edge given the size, but its possible that both could be offered. I am guessing people would probably like a color more like OD tan/desert tan/beige/black/etc? The green handle on the knife pictured is generally a hit or miss.

If people want to keep the blade clean, would could always put MD Shooters, 2014 on the rear of the blade and leave the front without engraving. Maybe add a small logo on the rear below the logo of the designer.

Not bad. I'm just concerned with any wording or logo that gets close to the edge, sharpening would likely mar it up. Maybe just special etched grips? I like the lanyard idea. One could be MDShooters (red/yellow/black) and the other cord could be MSI blue and maybe even white. Just a thought.

We could move the engraving upwards to get it away from the blade a bit more. The laser-engraving process is pretty durable. It takes a lot to severely damage the engraving. However, if we did a black blade, the coating itself shows scratches a lot more than a satin stonewashed finish.

We could do a 4-strand boxed lanyard using the red/gold and blue/off white.

It would look similar to this but double the colors
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=697

I could make one to see how it looks.

no serrations please. Clean blade, put logo on handle.

The run would be plain edged for sure.

Any idea who could do the engraving on the handle? I like the idea but I'm not sure if it could be done given the material is different from G10 composite, which is generally easier to engrave.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    The color of the handle and serrations just happen to be what I have on that knife. The actual production would almost surely be plain edge given the size, but its possible that both could be offered. I am guessing people would probably like a color more like OD tan/desert tan/beige/black/etc? The green handle on the knife pictured is generally a hit or miss.

If people want to keep the blade clean, would could always put MD Shooters, 2014 on the rear of the blade and leave the front without engraving. Maybe add a small logo on the rear below the logo of the designer.

We could move the engraving upwards to get it away from the blade a bit more. The laser-engraving process is pretty durable. It takes a lot to severely damage the engraving. However, if we did a black blade, the coating itself shows scratches a lot more than a satin stonewashed finish.

We could do a 4-strand boxed lanyard using the red/gold and blue/off white.

It would look similar to this but double the colors
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=697

I could make one to see how it looks.

The run would be plain edged for sure.

Any idea who could do the engraving on the handle? I like the idea but I'm not sure if it could be done given the material is different from G10 composite, which is generally easier to engrave.

I spoke with bobby Bollinger late last week and he has added a CNC engraver to his stable,of tools. I'd give him a call about engraving the scales. If I understood correctly, he can engrave anything he can securing hold still and I'm sure the computer work to get the MDS logo into the machine wouldn't be too much work.

---
    Shamr0ck

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I checked yes conditionally because of price, my max is around $100. I only own Kershaw Ken Onion series USA knives. I am open to other brand USA made knives.

I like ...
    MARYLAND SHOOTERS 2014
    x of xxx
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

and maybe a FUMOM somewhere lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater