• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Cool vid. Wonder if we can shoot my 65mm launcher at a MDTCA event.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I’m not sure if there is a dedicated thread on 40mm launchers or not, but what is the benefit of having a 40mm DD over an over the counter 37mm launcher? Are you shooting differnet projectiels from the 40mm?

Sorry if thats a dumb question, but i know nothing about either launcher.

Not a dumb question. Not sure how many different things you can shoot with a 37mm but, I have adapters to shoot 22lr beehive, 410 beehive, 410 single, 20Ga single, 12Ga single, and 26.5mm flares and smoke adapters.

It does cost a bit more to buy but I like it. A lot more options if you want to go big as well. As it is a DD you can shoot other 40mm rounds. A lot are hard to find. Some you can make yourself.

I bring it to AGC from time to time. If it is there when you are you are welcome to give it a try.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    ...and if you'd like to shoot 40mm grenades(real ones), you would need a 40mm tube...oh, and a tax stamp for each grenade.

Tax stamp for each grenade only needed if they are designated DD's. I usually shoot the M781 marker rounds. Those do not require a stamp for each round. Shoot all you like. It is about $6 a round though. I reload my own now. Hard to find pre-manufactured ones since the military dropped the contract for them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Tax stamp for each grenade only needed if they are designated DD's. I usually shoot the M781 marker rounds. Those do not require a stamp for each round. Shoot all you like. It is about $6 a round though. I reload my own now. Hard to find pre-manufactured ones since the military dropped the contract for them.
    Yep. D.Ds- HE, WP etc. Anything that goes boom when it lands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    So I am figuring if i get the 12" barrel engraved the same as the 9" barrel and I can switch back to the 9" barrel when done (using 12" barrel only temporary) then I should be fine.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom