• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have an M4 under my bed. I love how it feels, I love the lack of recoil. The ghost ring sights make target acquisition nice and quick. I can't speak on the FN, as I've never used one. But I will say if the FN doesn't feel as "right" as the M4 as you said, then I think you decided already.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    You should check out the Beretta 1301
    I have the competition model 21” barrel.
    Thumbs up! They also have a 1301 tactical
    Both made in Italy

Watched a few videos on YT based on your recommendation. Looks nice. I was a little concerned about the 'fatal flaw' identified in this video, though. FF to 7:17 and tell me if either you or anyone you know has encountered that issue with the Beretta 1301:

I have an M4 under my bed. I love how it feels, I love the lack of recoil. The ghost ring sights make target acquisition nice and quick. I can't speak on the FN, as I've never used one. But I will say if the FN doesn't feel as "right" as the M4 as you said, then I think you decided already.

I'm about 95% sure it'll be an M4 but I like to keep an open mind and do my homework.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Due to some unexpected, last-minute expenses I 've had to reduce my shotgun budget by about 60% of what I had planned to spend on an M4. Oh well, right? That's life and there ain't a whole helluva lot you can do about it.

Decided to go with a Mossberg 930 SPX from our friends at Engage Armament.

fl5c9Xq.jpg

I'm not planning to run any 3-Gun competitions or anything like that. I just wanted something good for HD and occasional range fun and the 930 seemed like a good choice for that. I'll eventually get an M4 one of these days but, in the mean time I think this will serve my purposes quite well.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Great looking HD shottie. I'm sure that she'll perform.

Hopefully we will find-out soon! Thanks!

I got a bill in the mail on Monday that effectively wiped-out/negated two-thirds of the M4 piggy bank and I was like, well...sh*t! What can I get for under $1k that's still halfway decent and semi-automatic. I was about to go for a pump shotgun instead when a friend recommended the 930. Not being all that familiar, I spent last night watching YouTube videos and was impressed. It looked like there were some initial hiccups circa 2012-2013 but almost all the reviews since then have been positive for the most part: it's a bit fussy with certain light field loads; few problems with anything else.

Bonus was I got to meet Brutus and some good people. Great experience at Engage Armament today.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I heard M4 does not feed light target loads. That's the main concern with it.

I've been bit pretty hard by the shotgun-bug so I'll eventually get an M4 at some point. I'm also thinking about the FN P12 and Mossberg 590A1 because everyone needs one good 12 gauge pump and I don't have one.

The 930, though, has been to the range only one time and ran flawlessly with 4 different loads, particularly the low-brass Winchester 7.5 buck field loads that were some concern. It'll be going back to the range again this Friday for testing with slugs. I'm eager to see how it does at 25-50 yards with some Hornady and Federal loads, along with more 00 buckshot.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I heard M4 does not feed light target loads. That's the main concern with it.
    RIDICULOUS.
    I don't know if it does or it doesn't feed light target loads.
    My M4 will never see light target loads as it's my go to self defense weapon and not a squirrel gun.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I tested the FN SLP vs the M4

The FN did feed light light loads. But it kicked harder than the m4.

The M4 ate most loads. Except for cheap Walmart low brass bulk target loads.
    There was a 5% failure rate. FTEs mostly.

The FN is lighter. But I hate the lifter design.its sharp and can slice your finger when reloading.

The ghost ring sights are superior for combat shooting. Especially for slugs. The m4 also shot tighter patterns .

For 3 gun. The FN is a good gun. But for HD / duty use. I’m partial to the m4. Just don’t feed it light bird shots.

Attachments

• 68A52244-D49B-47DA-8053-F3FFA513AA33.jpg
      68A52244-D49B-47DA-8053-F3FFA513AA33.jpg
      142.9 KB · Views: 593

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads