• ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I am OUTRAGED!!!

OUTRAGED!!!! I say!

That the CMP DARES to require a copy of my BIRTH CERTIFICATE in order to send me a Garand!

Garands are 03 FFL C&R Eligible!!!!

They have No Right Whatsoever to require anything more than a copy of my 03 FFL!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!

SOG doesn't require a copy of my Birth Certificate!

How do they know I was even Born??

This is a Violation of my Fundamental Human Rights!!!

I Shall Protest to the United Nations!!

Oh the Infamy!!!!

I can simply no longer support the CMP. They are just going to have to find a way to get along without me, if that is possible, which I doubt.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This is the most astonishingly stupid and ignorant thread I have ever seen on this forum.

If you want to buy something from the CMP, go to their website and follow their instructions. Everything is explained there, including what constitutes "Proof of Marksmanship Activity." Follow their procedures when you send in your order. If you can't do that, either from lack of comprehension or from childish pique, than buy from someone else.

By the way. I believe all USGI 1911s are WWII era or older. Their C&R eligibility is irrelevant. No one has ever objected to the requirements to buy a Garand, birth certificate, proof of marksmanship activity, club membership, notarization? Why isn't an 03 FFL enough to buy a Garand?

What is this childish ******** about complaining to Congress and the President? Grow the f*** up and get mommy to change your damn diaper.

You know what they did with the M14s? They shredded them with Captain Crunch. They could just as well do the same thing with the 1911s..

You spoiled little children amaze me

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    This is the most astonishingly stupid and ignorant thread I have ever seen on this forum.

If you want to buy something from the CMP, go to their website and follow their instructions. Everything is explained there, including what constitutes "Proof of Marksmanship Activity." Follow their procedures when you send in your order. If you can't do that, either from lack of comprehension or from childish pique, than buy from someone else.

By the way. I believe all USGI 1911s are WWII era or older. Their C&R eligibility is irrelevant. No one has ever objected to the requirements to buy a Garand, birth certificate, proof of marksmanship activity, club membership, notarization? Why isn't an 03 FFL enough to buy a Garand?

What is this childish ******** about complaining to Congress and the President? Grow the f*** up and get mommy to change your damn diaper.

You know what they did with the M14s? They shredded them with Captain Crunch. They could just as well do the same thing with the 1911s..

You spoiled little children amaze me

Long guns from the CMP can go right to your door in most states. An FFL is not required for rifle buyers in most states. These are two completely different animals, two different issues. No one is crying about having to submit a birth certificate or join a CMP-affiliated club or show proof of a marksmanship activity. The issue is simple. Please follow the forum rules.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Ok, their email is wrong,

if it wasn’t for this thread I would have given up already. Sorry to piss people off and Thanks for the bitter clarification, now I’m sure karma will get me a spot in the lottery hahaha.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    It looks like the CMP 1911 threads (on the CMP forum) are getting closed by the Mod's. I guess the CMP folks don't have answers to anything and want to shut down hearsay and speculation.

One of the mods there is one of the biggest douche canoes that has ever lived. You say one thing that he feels is disrespectful to the CMP and you get an infraction. That place is the Facebook of gun forums.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    One of the mods there is one of the biggest douche canoes that has ever lived. You say one thing that he feels is disrespectful to the CMP and you get an infraction. That place is the Facebook of gun forums.

I can't imagine how many inquiries they are getting EVERY day. The numbers of interested collectors must be enormous. I personally think everything should be shut down until they have the pistol in their possession. Even after they get them to their warehouse, they have to inventory each, check each for functionality and safety. It's going to be a long time before these are put into collector's hands. I'd bet that they may not make it out of the warehouse until the end of 2018 at the earliest.

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I can't imagine how many inquiries they are getting EVERY day. The numbers of interested collectors must be enormous. I personally think everything should be shut down until they have the pistol in their possession. Even after they get them to their warehouse, they have to inventory each, check each for functionality and safety. It's going to be a long time before these are put into collector's hands. I'd bet that they may not make it out of the warehouse until the end of 2018 at the earliest.

I hope I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not.

Why should they shut down the medium on which collectors communicate? Although I’m sure Big Red would be a proponent, it’s a forum. The point of a forum is to allow people to post and comment, whatever the subject. Shutting that down makes no sense.

Where they went wrong was sending out 700 emails to everyone about what might happen, or would happen, or would not happen. That made everyone angry or rabid or impatient or all of the above. And when someone points that out, they get punished. As I said before, the place hasn’t been the same since Orest left.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why should they shut down the medium on which collectors communicate? Although I’m sure Big Red would be a proponent, it’s a forum. The point of a forum is to allow people to post and comment, whatever the subject. Shutting that down makes no sense.

Where they went wrong was sending out 700 emails to everyone about what might happen, or would happen, or would not happen. That made everyone angry or rabid or impatient or all of the above. And when someone points that out, they get punished. As I said before, the place hasn’t been the same since Orest left.

Orest was a one in a million. I doubt anyone could fill his shoes.

Orlando

they should have never sent out any e-mails until closer time to sell. I suppose they did send them because they were tired of everyone constantly e-mailing and calling about them. Looks like it may have backfired and made things worse
    Big Red is one of the best moderators CMP has ever had. He will shut down threads when they get off track and give the poster a warning. If it happens again yes you will get a time out.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    they should have never sent out any e-mails until closer time to sell. I suppose they did send them because they were tired of everyone constantly e-mailing and calling about them. Looks like it may have backfired and made things worse

Big Red is one of the best moderators CMP has ever had. He will shut down threads when they get off track and give the poster a warning. If it happens again yes you will get a time out.

Big Red is probably the biggest douche I have ever had the pleasure of running across. He doesn’t give out warnings. He pontificates and issues infractions and tells you that any further discussion of anything he finds objectionable will result in a permanent ban. I hate that guy.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know the Mod, but if it's his forum, it's his rules. I ran a forum years ago and it's difficult to appease everyone. You do what you think is best and that's how your run your forum.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I don't know the Mod, but if it's his forum, it's his rules. I ran a forum years ago and it's difficult to appease everyone. You do what you think is best and that's how your run your forum.

It’s not his forum. It’s the CMP’s forum. Questioning the CMP’s decisions is not a reason for an infraction or ban. He believes otherwise. I think he is local to MD. If I ever met him, we would have words. Based on his online pics, I know that I could outrun him if things turned sideways. The guy is complete a-hole. I could provide reams of evidence but I will just leave it at, the guy is a power hungry douche.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It’s not his forum. It’s the CMP’s forum. Questioning the CMP’s decisions is not a reason for an infraction or ban. He believes otherwise. I think he is local to MD. If I ever met him, we would have words. Based on his online pics, I know that I could outrun him if things turned sideways. The guy is complete a-hole. I could provide reams of evidence but I will just leave it at, the guy is a power hungry douche.

If the CMP gave him Mod status, it's just as much his forum as anyone else. He's acting on behalf of the CMP. Whether you like him or the way he runs the forum, it's his to do as he pleases. That is unless you can get him removed as the Moderator of the forum.

Sorry.

Orlando

If the CMP gave him Mod status, it's just as much his forum as anyone else. He's acting on behalf of the CMP. Whether you like him or the way he runs the forum, it's his to do as he pleases. That is unless you can get him removed as the Moderator of the forum.

Sorry.

Amen!!

CMP has even thought of pulling the forum completely becuase of the bickering. If you cant get along ,move along

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom