• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I count 8, not counting NYC, which is part of NY.

And CT is really shall issue if you meet the requirements.

so really 7

DE pretty much shall-issue as well, if you jump through the hoops.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The problem is the DC regs specifically say your DD214 show firearms training.

we'll have to see if they allow wiggle room.

Attachments

• train.jpg
      train.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 564

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Yet plenty of laws abridging speech and religion exist.

that is not true a all in this context. None exist in any way analogous to "may issue" or most gun control.

If you libel or defame someone, the analogy on the second amendment would NOT be gun control, but rather laws on shooting someone. As far as I can see no one in the Second Amendment adovacy side is arguing the Second Amendment protects you from assault or homicide charges after illegally shooting someone.

libel and defamation laws cited by gun control advocates are in fact very different. there are NO pre-emptive limits on speech and none against the population at large. It is only a) after a harm occurs, and b) after that harm is proven in court with full due process, that c) the individual who caused the harm, and only that individual, is sanctioned.

To say there are limits on free speech analogous to gun control would be like saying because it is possible that a person in Oregon may have committed defamation, that all other US persons can then have their ability to speek limited. The same lack of logic is claimed with the idea freedom of religion is limited in the same way. it is not.

Let's not fall for specious arguments. 99% of gun control is about limiting explicit rights of people who have committed no harm, but simply saying the potential to cause harm needs to be limited. If that theory were applied to speech we would all be sending our forum posts to the government censor before they were posted.

We should never fall for this "well all bill of rights have limits" argument. The examples given are NOT exampled analogous to what the gun grabbers are suggesting.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    that is not true a all in this context. None exist in any way analogous to "may issue" or most gun control.

If you libel or defame someone, the analogy on the second amendment would NOT be gun control, but rather laws on shooting someone. As far as I can see no one in the Second Amendment adovacy side is arguing the Second Amendment protects you from assault or homicide charges after illegally shooting someone.

libel and defamation laws cited by gun control advocates are in fact very different. there are NO pre-emptive limits on speech and none against the population at large. It is only a) after a harm occurs, and b) after that harm is proven in court with full due process, that c) the individual who caused the harm, and only that individual, is sanctioned.

To say there are limits on free speech analogous to gun control would be like saying because it is possible that a person in Oregon may have committed defamation, that all other US persons can then have their ability to speek limited. The same lack of logic is claimed with the idea freedom of religion is limited in the same way. it is not.

Let's not fall for specious arguments. 99% of gun control is about limiting explicit rights of people who have committed no harm, but simply saying the potential to cause harm needs to be limited. If that theory were applied to speech we would all be sending our forum posts to the government censor before they were posted.

We should never fall for this "well all bill of rights have limits" argument. The examples given are NOT exampled analogous to what the gun grabbers are suggesting.

Right. A better analogy to the 1st Amendment's time, place and speech restrictions (for example, you can't protest in a residential neighborhood at 3 a.m.) would be restrictions on carrying guns in courthouses or on airplanes.

Certainly not "may issue."

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    In case anyone is interested, below is Judge Leon's permanent injunction and corresponding memo opinion in Grace, entered on Oct 17th. I was interested to see if he gave DC a deadline for issuing permits to the complainants (he didn't).

TLDR;
    1) DC is enjoined from applying G&S to applicants.
    2) DC must update their application documents to reflect no G&S required.

Attachments

• order.pdf
      82.4 KB · Views: 141
    • min_order.pdf
      139.3 KB · Views: 138

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    I applied today. Late afternoon and no other customers there. I was out of there in 30 minutes, but it took 2 hours to get home.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I applied today. Late afternoon and no other customers there. I was out of there in 30 minutes, but it took 2 hours to get home.

Good for you.

Yeah, if you don't leave downtown by 2pm on Fridays it's seriously no bueno on the ride home.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    DC is a fair weather town. Jammed up every sunny day. If you want to get in and out easy and quick for some business, go on a rainy day.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County

Congrats- I applied last Monday morning- had the same experience regarding being in/out quickly. My Maryland W&C class from Feb 2016 satisfied their training and range requirements, so the only training I'll need is the legal class, within 45 days of approval, which they said takes a full 90 days.

I can't believe that after all of this time, I have watched IL and DC become shall issue while MD is still the way it is..... of course both were due to legal decisions, can't believe we got screwed so hard in Woolard. Goes to show why it is so important to elect the correct party to the White House- the single most important thing a president does is make federal judicial appointments. If only the 4th hadn't been stacked to work us over the same way the 9th was stacked to work over the poor suckers living under the 9CA in Peruta

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMHO Metro is a disaster waiting to happen again. Poor maintenance, incompetent employees, and ineffective oversight by management.

I drive into DC or take Uber.

Last time I drove in (month ago) I found a parking space 1 block from MPDC HQ. $5.50 for two hours. I can live with that.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    IMHO Metro is a disaster waiting to happen again. Poor maintenance, incompetent employees, and ineffective oversight by management.

I drive into DC or take Uber.

Last time I drove in (month ago) I found a parking space 1 block from MPDC HQ. $5.50 for two hours. I can live with that.
    Your right. Metro management sucks. If the other problems exist. See the previous sentence.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    What are the odds DC eventually changes their policy on requiring a home state permit to get a DC permit?
    There's no other place I'd rather carry than DC.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    What are the odds DC eventually changes their policy on requiring a home state permit to get a DC permit?
    There's no other place I'd rather carry than DC.

Not a requirement. They require a permit from ANY state for non-residents. Doesn’t have to be your home state like PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom