• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I went to the show today with the intention of buying a handgun and make the transfer with Accurate Pawn. I stop by their spot first and one of the guys there told me that even if I transfer a gun with them I have to go to the store to fill up the paper work then wait the 7 days . By the way, I do have my hql and the 77r confirmation # already.
    The guy stated that they cannot fill up any paperwork at the show for handguns.
    If I knew that, that was the case I would rather just don't waste my time going there.
    But at the end I renew my NRA membership and got some 30 rounds pmags. That make the trip ok.

And they are charging $75 for a hand gun transfer, which is a bit steep.

:sad20:

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Prices were a little on the high side this time but I found my unicorn, SIG P320 Compact 15 round magazines. Only one guy at the whole show had them and I pretty much cleaned him out.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    was there today, gun prices definitely on the high side. there was one vendor there giving 75.00 coupons for the guns on his table. I looked at his prices, and it looked like he added 75.00 to all of the gun prices

Did find SW shield 9mm 8 round mags for 20.00

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No joke. I saw a antifa supporter/member at the show. He (yes, I'm assuming his gender) had their logo as a pin on his tactical type backpack. I had to double take when I spotted it. Kid looked like he's in his early 20's.
    c61d369385f865dcc10fc630355cdb0c.jpg

Loading up for battle, I suppose.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    There was a table of 2A shirts etc. from a group of veterans (similar to Grunt Style) on the left side wall. Does anyone remember the name of these guys? Wanted to buy a shirt from them but had to leave as the were closing and couldn't get back to their table..

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    bought a 40mm ammo can and a few mags, as noted prices were a little high. Its been a while since I went to the show and thought it was nice that they expanded into the secondary hall.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Thanks Bigfoot, but I think these guys were on the left side showroom,and on the far left wall as you went in across from the Target Guy.near the front Products like Grunt Style. No big deal, I am sure they will be around again.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thanks Bigfoot, but I think these guys were on the left side showroom,and on the far left wall as you went in across from the Target Guy.near the front Products like Grunt Style. No big deal, I am sure they will be around again.

Hey there again! Sorry I missed seeing you at the show. Was the Mrs. with you shopping for gear for the next steel challenge? :)

OverTheTop

Mar 1, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I'm planning on going to the show in July, and it's going to be my first time attending the Nation's Gun Show. I was wondering if you can typically find surplus ammo like 7.62x54r and 8mm mauser at the show? I know it won't be the sub $50 cans like the days of old, but I'd still buy if it was $0.50 a round or less considering the cost of modern production ammunition.

PinoyDDragon

Jul 12, 2017
    So this is going to be my first show. I have my HQL. Not sure what im looking to purchase yet. Im wondering what do i need to bring with me if i decided to purchase a gun, handgun or rifle? Any details will help honestly. More prepared i am the better.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Purchase self control lacking like me? Stay away!

I try to avoid going to gun shows these days.

Last one I went to was the Dulles one actually, and I came home with a damn Tazer. Which I did not need. At all. Was an expensive impulse purchase.

It was cool and all but after a year or so the battery died and I don't want to buy a new expensive battery for a toy I never needed in the first place and will never use. I am stupid. Don't be like me. Don't go to gun shows and it will help you not to buy cool crap you don't need on impulse!

I envy those of you with shopping self control!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So this is going to be my first show. I have my HQL. Not sure what im looking to purchase yet. Im wondering what do i need to bring with me if i decided to purchase a gun, handgun or rifle? Any details will help honestly. More prepared i am the better.
    Bring your drivers license, cash, and get ready to fill out some paperwork.

Shotguns and rifles can be bought at the show, so long as the rifle or shotgun is legal for you to own in Maryland (AK variants and standard profile AR-15s are a no go). Here's a list of no-no guns. Copies of these guns are also banned. http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Regulated_Firearms#Banned_Firearms

You'll fill out a federal 4473 background check form for these guns and be on your way.

If you've never owned a gun before, I'd recommend a Ruger 10/22 to you. It's a lightweight rifle that shoots .22 Long Rifle ammunition. Learn the basics of marksmanship and how to maintain a firearm with that. They're usually priced under or around $200 and are fun and inexpensive to shoot. A "brick" of .22lr ammunition (anywhere from 325 to 525 rounds) should cost you between $20 to $30. Cleaning kits usually cost less than $20 or so.

It will be complicated to purchase a handgun at the show unless there is a dealer there who is based in Maryland. Any non-MD based dealer there would need to make an arrangement with a dealer in MD for the handgun to be transferred to you. This will cost you extra and take more time. I recommend buying a handgun from one of the industry partners here on MDS that are already in MD https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

I'd also highly recommend that you have a secure storage location in your home squared away first before bringing a gun home. Safes and other storage solutions can be bought at the show.

Also, you may purchase whatever sized magazine you'd like in VA. MD law does not prohibit your ownership and possession of them. Just don't give them to anyone else here.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Accurate Pawn of Elkridge is at most Chantilly shows to handle transfers for Md residents.

But as DC-W was implying , for common typical current production handguns , it would have to be massively good deal to balance out transfer fees ,( and shipping if you don't use Gus ).

But I might be over assuming, and PinoyDDragon might share my taste for the interesting and unusual , not often found at the corner gun store.

PinoyDDragon

Jul 12, 2017
    Bring your drivers license, cash, and get ready to fill out some paperwork.

Shotguns and rifles can be bought at the show, so long as the rifle or shotgun is legal for you to own in Maryland (AK variants and standard profile AR-15s are a no go). Here's a list of no-no guns. Copies of these guns are also banned. http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Regulated_Firearms#Banned_Firearms

You'll fill out a federal 4473 background check form for these guns and be on your way.

If you've never owned a gun before, I'd recommend a Ruger 10/22 to you. It's a lightweight rifle that shoots .22 Long Rifle ammunition. Learn the basics of marksmanship and how to maintain a firearm with that. They're usually priced under or around $200 and are fun and inexpensive to shoot. A "brick" of .22lr ammunition (anywhere from 325 to 525 rounds) should cost you between $20 to $30. Cleaning kits usually cost less than $20 or so.

It will be complicated to purchase a handgun at the show unless there is a dealer there who is based in Maryland. Any non-MD based dealer there would need to make an arrangement with a dealer in MD for the handgun to be transferred to you. This will cost you extra and take more time. I recommend buying a handgun from one of the industry partners here on MDS that are already in MD https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

I'd also highly recommend that you have a secure storage location in your home squared away first before bringing a gun home. Safes and other storage solutions can be bought at the show.

Also, you may purchase whatever sized magazine you'd like in VA. MD law does not prohibit your ownership and possession of them. Just don't give them to anyone else here.

Thank you. Good to know all this. So cash is better then card im assuming lol. Not my first gun. I do have a Browning Buck Mark which i got before the HQL law was placed. Helped get my HQL faster. Im mainly going to be looking at rifles. Prob a prebuilt AR-15 or other parts. Haven decided if i will build or just upgrade. Depends on budget and what they have at the show.

Just to be clear, i can purchase more then 10 round mags at the show. But if i was in MD it cant be more the. 10 rounds, purchased while in MD. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinoyDDragon

Jul 12, 2017
    Accurate Pawn of Elkridge is at most Chantilly shows to handle transfers for Md residents.

But as DC-W was implying , for common typical current production handguns , it would have to be massively good deal to balance out transfer fees ,( and shipping if you don't use Gus ).

But I might be over assuming, and PinoyDDragon might share my taste for the interesting and unusual , not often found at the corner gun store.

Kinda new to making guns a hobby atm. But who knows. The unusual def can catch my eye sometimes. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom