• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    need to come out of retirement for all the new toys hitting the market.

Wilson released a new AR in .338 & .358 cal.

Dang, just tooooooooooooooo many toys.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Seems a bit high, especially bc you have to buy your mags. Curious for reviews.

Seems a M&P 15-22 is a better deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    Seems a bit high, especially bc you have to buy your mags. Curious for reviews.

Seems a M&P 15-22 is a better deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see your point, buying a 15-22 might be a better option for someone who wants a complete rifle, but they are still more expensive than this upper from what I've seen. Mags wouldn't really deter me on this bc I'd end up buying more if I went the 15-22 route anyway. This PSA upper might be a better option for someone who already has an AR with an upgraded trigger and stock that they want to shoot more, but dont do as much bc of the cost of ammo, etc.

pablo1965

Epistemophilic
    Nov 2, 2016
    Baltimore County
    10/22 deals are usually around 160-200 online. There was a blank 22 archangel stock on here or Armslist for $50. That's less than $250 for the whole get-up if you like that style. That's what i did. Paid $350 for mine tho.Last year at the Chantilly show, they were giving away 10/22 with the purchase of the 556.That's this weekend coming.Maybe go there and look for deals. I'm certainly going again.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I just got an email about a new upper available from PSA. Someone buy this and let me know if it's worth it :)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...weight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516446934.html

Looks pretty awesome for the price compared to other dedicated 22 uppers

Just bought one. There was another model for $299 that looks like an M4.
    I'll test it with a binary trigger when it arrives. :)

They also have in stock the 16" 9mm for those who bought complete lowers from JLowes.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Just ordered one tonight too. Got it specifically for playing with the binary trigger. Sure hope it's as good as it should be since I also bought some 30 round sticks and 50 round drums

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I got the carbine. Gonna add a free float tube and move the front sight out to rifle length. Slap some a2 handguards over the tube and I'll have a good practice rifle for position shooting.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    The first link I posted has an MLok rail and the last link is for an upper with a Keymod rail. That's the only difference I can see.

LOL !

It's evidently something pretty basic but I have no clue what the difference is between a MLOK and a Keymod rail. School me please.

"you don't know what you don't know"

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Keymod and M-lok are the two most common accessory mounting systems for rails (hand guards). Keymod seems to be falling out of favor. The difference is M-lok has narrow elongated slots to hold the accessory where Keymod uses key hole shaped mounting holes. Use google images for each and the differences should be apparent.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    LOL !

It's evidently something pretty basic but I have no clue what the difference is between a MLOK and a Keymod rail. School me please.

"you don't know what you don't know"

Dang Alan!!! 716 posts on this forum and you haven't come across the difference between MLok and Keymod?!? How is that possible? Lol

MLok and keymod are both accessory attachment systems. They each use different methods of attaching things to the hand guard. Both do the same thing and everyone had their own preference as to which system is better

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Keymod and M-lok are the two most common accessory mounting systems for rails (hand guards). Keymod seems to be falling out of favor. The difference is M-lok has narrow elongated slots to hold the accessory where Keymod uses key hole shaped mounting holes. Use google images for each and the differences should be apparent.

Dang Alan!!! 716 posts on this forum and you haven't come across the difference between MLok and Keymod?!? How is that possible? Lol

MLok and keymod are both accessory attachment systems. They each use different methods of attaching things to the hand guard. Both do the same thing and everyone had their own preference as to which system is better

Thanks. Not really an accessory guy. Guess I've just gotten lucky with the few I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom