• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I agree as well. More internet hearsay

Well, if I were either an IP or the employee of an IP that sold a shit-ton of these things, I'd probably try to downplay and deflect it, too. :innocent0

Yet, the fact remains: these guns are most definitely NOT stainless steel.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's a surprise. Might think there's a rogue supplier because there are so many eyes in the factory, that a deliberate effort to make finish counterfeits of your own brand would embarrass some employees and leak. Or maybe they had a line of electroplated guns and there was a mistake in boxing of a batch? This would eventually come out and I don't see an already profitable company like CZ purposefully doing something like this that would have long-term damage to the brand (but VW did do the emissions test cheat). If it's an honest mistake by new employees boxing pistols, I bet CZ will get in front of this problem. If it's not a factory issue, a shady supplier could be taking advantage of the demand for stainless pistols and low inventory.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I personally prefer a Sig Sauer, but was interested in getting a CZ 75. Does CZ make all of their slides in-house? Have you called the company? I have found Sig Sauer's and Henry's customer service to be outstanding. What I fear is the chipping, at least that what it looks like in one picture. It's like that first batch of M9s we got. It could be a bad batch of metal they got.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Have never owned a CZ ... until I plunked down money on one just yesterday. It's a thing of beauty, and I can't wait to get it out of jail next week. The fit/finish and attention to design and detail on the gun I just paid for don't seem in any way consistent with the train wreck shown by the OP. There's something very not-from-the-real-factory-or-process going on with that plated, cheaply lasered thing. It's from a different planet than the Shadow 2 that just got its teeth into me.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    How do you have respect for any gun manufacturers after losing faith over something as trivial as this? I'd prefer if P320 didnt go off if I dropped it, but I still haven't lost all respect for Sig. I prefer if safety on my MKIV actually prevented the gun from firing, but I haven't lost all respect for Ruger. Rinse and repeat for every manufacturer out there. Seems a little dramatic to me, don't ya think?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    How do you have respect for any gun manufacturers after losing faith over something as trivial as this? I'd prefer if P320 didnt go off if I dropped it, but I still haven't lost all respect for Sig. I prefer if safety on my MKIV actually prevented the gun from firing, but I haven't lost all respect for Ruger. Rinse and repeat for every manufacturer out there. Seems a little dramatic to me, don't ya think?

To each his own, that's what I say. If you want to do business with untrustworthy shitbags that's your problem, not mine. LOL Trivial is getting pissed because you got a defective gun and saying you'll never do business with that company again. Not trivial is a conscious-effort by a manufacturer to mislead buyers into believing they bought a stainless steel gun when it was actually plated with something else and polished to look like stainless.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I highly doubt that rolled out of the CZ plant like that. I'd be more inclined to believe a shady distributor did that. Perhaps they picked up some cheap foreign contract over runs, penned on the CZ commercial logo and plated them. Throw them in CZ USA boxes, slap the stainless gun SKUs on, and ship em down the pipe with the rest.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I highly doubt that rolled out of the CZ plant like that. I'd be more inclined to believe a shady distributor did that. Perhaps they picked up some cheap foreign contract over runs, penned on the CZ commercial logo and plated them. Throw them in CZ USA boxes, slap the stainless gun SKUs on, and ship em down the pipe with the rest.

That's what I'm thinking unless I see some proof. Clearly the guns in question are horrible, but this is so out of character for any cz product that I'm not going to believe they did this on just speculation. Nothing in that other thread was definitive, a couple people claimed they had definitive proof from cz but then refused to post it :shrug:. In my opinion they have one of the best reputations for quality in the business, and its possible that they could do something shady, but without proof I will let their reputation stand and assume these are fakes like they appear to be.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    That is some low quality production. I could do a better job of engraving with a hammer and chisel, even with my shaky hands and bad eyesight!

Jul 1, 2012
    That's why I have a hard time believing this was done by CZ.
    So much easier just to use their rollmark dies anyway.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    That's what I'm thinking unless I see some proof. Clearly the guns in question are horrible, but this is so out of character for any cz product that I'm not going to believe they did this on just speculation. Nothing in that other thread was definitive, a couple people claimed they had definitive proof from cz but then refused to post it :shrug:. In my opinion they have one of the best reputations for quality in the business, and its possible that they could do something shady, but without proof I will let their reputation stand and assume these are fakes like they appear to be.

That's because they didn't want to get banned from the site. The 'Original CZ Forum' is owned and moderated by reps from CZ-UB and CZ-USA. Nothing will get you banned faster than criticizing either one.

And many here will tell you that I'm one of MDS's biggest CZ fans. I've been preaching their virtues for several years but, these 'stainless' P-01's were issued an exclusive SKU # (91197) by CZ-USA which leads me to believe they, at least, knew they weren't stainless, if not, complicit in the deception of buyers.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I personally prefer a Sig Sauer, but was interested in getting a CZ 75. Does CZ make all of their slides in-house? Have you called the company? I have found Sig Sauer's and Henry's customer service to be outstanding. What I fear is the chipping, at least that what it looks like in one picture. It's like that first batch of M9s we got. It could be a bad batch of metal they got.
    This issue specifically pertains to a small contract overrun of pistols that appear to be nickel plated carbon steel yet sold as stainless steel. CZ's typical quality and fit/finish is very good. Their normal CZ 75s in stainless look nothing like this.

Their customer service is good as long as you contact them during normal business hours. I called them once about a concern I had and they took care of me. I don't believe they operate 24/7 via phone or email, if that matters.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    That's because they didn't want to get banned from the site. The 'Original CZ Forum' is owned and moderated by reps from CZ-UB and CZ-USA. Nothing will get you banned faster than criticizing either one.

And many here will tell you that I'm one of MDS's biggest CZ fans. I've been preaching their virtues for several years but, these 'stainless' P-01's were issued an exclusive SKU # (91197) by CZ-USA which leads me to believe they, at least, knew they weren't stainless, if not, complicit in the deception of buyers.

ok, so did they ever post the proof anywhere else? There are plenty of places online where they could put it where no one has any control over it.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    ok, so did they ever post the proof anywhere else? There are plenty of places online where they could put it where no one has any control over it.

The OP of that thread posted a response from CZ-USA Customer Service and either he or the moderators took it down immediately. Unfortunately, it was before I could read it but I'd love to see how they tried to spin it.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    YOEQGL9.png

Edit: This guy is the head moderator for The Original CZ Forum and an employee of CZ-USA. If he says they ain't stainless, I think it's a pretty safe bet they ain't.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    YOEQGL9.png

Edit: This guy is the head moderator for The Original CZ Forum and an employee of CZ-USA. If he says they ain't stainless, I think it's a pretty safe bet they ain't.

Seems likely, I didn't think they looked like stainless, it looked like chrome or nickel. The question is where did they come from? If CZ made them and lied about the metal, why would they electropencil the markings on? They have nice dies for that.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Seems likely, I didn't think they looked like stainless, it looked like chrome or nickel. The question is where did they come from? If CZ made them and lied about the metal, why would they electropencil the markings on? They have nice dies for that.

The finish on the gun in question reminds me of the sort of deteriorated low quality plating seen on WW2 bring back pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom