• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Do they have fried chicken available 24/7? Was thinking of stopping at the one in Urbana after work.

I'm not that big of a fried chicken eater (this thread just triggered the craving - especially the juxtaposition with black coffee - I like the combination) so really haven't looked past 9pm. Maybe someone else can address this.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm not that big of a fried chicken eater (this thread just triggered the craving - especially the juxtaposition with black coffee - I like the combination) so really haven't looked past 9pm. Maybe someone else can address this.

Thanks for the info. I may as well do a scouting run tonight and see what happens.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Every rofo I've been to has it 24/7. Although the stuff in the warmer at 3am may have been sitting there for several hours....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm going to institute a Royal Farms fried chicken tax in 2018. 2:

Seriously though, there is a RF in Urbana and it is about 10 minutes from my house, via back roads, if you know how to drive them.

Yep. I am learning the back roads there. Anything to stay the hell off I-270.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Lol, I love bbq, but I'm texmexed out tbh...

Whataburger is okay. I try to avoid fast food as much as possible so I've only been there 2x.

Church's is acceptable as slightly better than popeyes. Still not on par with rofo though.

Babe's has amazing fried chicken, but that's a full service restaurant.

I completely forgot about Raising Canes until I got here yesterday. They only have chicken tenders so not 100% the same but I do love that place.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Let's not forget the coffee! Rofo coffee is damn good. Big selection. I go out of my way for their Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I completely forgot about Raising Canes until I got here yesterday. They only have chicken tenders so not 100% the same but I do love that place.

Don't get me started on canes. No idea how that business model stays profitable. They sell ONE THING for crying out loud. Tenders are decent though. Only go bc my kids get free meal certificates from school.

teqmod

Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Don't get me started on canes. No idea how that business model stays profitable. They sell ONE THING for crying out loud. Tenders are decent though. Only go bc my kids get free meal certificates from school.

Made no sense to me either, probably the lack of good fried chicken. I do like the place though

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Made no sense to me either, probably the lack of good fried chicken. I do like the place though

I feel like oodles of money could be made by a restaurant offering good fried chicken and cheesesteaks down here. I have struggled to find either.

I'm so used to every Pizza place back home offering all types of cheese steaks and various subs. Not so much down here...

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    [quote name="snallygaster" post=4651413]Meh, it's not a Wawa [/QUOTE]

Wawa has the better sandwiches, but rofo has the best fried chicken in the world. :drool:

This.

In western AACO, they come in pairs. They're usually within one or two miles of each other.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

teqmod

Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I feel like oodles of money could be made by a restaurant offering good fried chicken and cheesesteaks down here. I have struggled to find either.

I'm so used to every Pizza place back home offering all types of cheese steaks and various subs. Not so much down here...

Things they don't tell you prior to defecting to Free America

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Things they don't tell you prior to defecting to Free America

Tell me about it. I'm visiting MD in early March for a wedding. Im already planning some rofo chicken, pastores Italian cold cut, Dominick's cheesesteak, and crabs from conrads before I head back to mexican/bbq land.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom