• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I shot one of these today and I was not disappointed. Put that in perspective though, it was only one full magazine so it is hard to be disappointed when it goes bang every time you pull the trigger. Felt balanced, trigger was not bad, and magazines were easy to insert. Seems more like a range toy and/or a possible hog hunter than it does a combat rifle Does anyone here have any experience with this, good, bad? Reviews are mixed, people either hate or love them...

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I had been thinking about one of these a while back, but got a Vepr. Here is a big thread about them;
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=214536

With some of the reports of issues, and the one year warranty, I didn't have enough confidence to buy one. If you say it has issues, and they claim it is within spec, they charge you $95 before you get your rifle back. In fairness, I would assume this is to prevent some abuses of the warranty, but given some threads I have read, I think M&M would be better off kissing a customer's ass. Maybe extend the warranty. In the end, despite lack of warranty for the Veprs, their reputation, and my previous experience gave me confidence in them. I am not meaning to kill your enthusiasm for the M10X, but give you some things to think about. It is a cool looking rifle, with decent accuracy potential, but if reliability and durability are big concerns of yours, weigh your options carefully. Best of luck in whatever you get. There is a VZ58 here in the classifieds I would buy in a heartbeat if I had the cash.

https://www.mm-industries.com/support/

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The problem people are having with the M10X's isn't so much that they're non-functional out of the box, it's that they start failing after about 500 rounds. I really want to like them, but that's just not acceptable reliability for classes or matches. Bit of a shame that M+M stopped with the Romanian AK imports, they were some of the best ones ever done IMHO.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Thanks for sharing the link to the other M10X thread. Wish I had read it sooner.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I have been looking at this rifle for a couple years and even had multiple email and phone conversations with them. Nice enough folks. I am surprised these issues from the beginning have not been resolved. I was trying to compare with the CMMG Mutant. Mutant looks tocbe a purpose built AR in 7.62x39 not an AK offshoot

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I have been looking at this rifle for a couple years and even had multiple email and phone conversations with them. Nice enough folks. I am surprised these issues from the beginning have not been resolved. I was trying to compare with the CMMG Mutant. Mutant looks tocbe a purpose built AR in 7.62x39 not an AK offshoot

The other rifle under consideration that takes ak47 mags is the RRA LAR-47.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD

I wanted a Mutant really, really bad a while back. The cost and weight made me hold off, and I got an AR15 in 7.62x39 instead. Once you tweak it with an enhanced firing pin, decent mags, it's still cheaper, and more versatile than the mutant. Some have the lifetime warranty as well. The bolt lugs on the bolt face have a thinner wall, but if you get one with a lifetime warranty it should cover it, or buy a Young Manufacturing bolt. I don't anticipate using as a combat rifle, mainly a range shooter, as I have other guns for home defense. But with a 7.62x39 AR15, 2 pins and you're shooting another caliber in minutes.

Sirex