• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It sure is interesting. Now, I know WHY it failed. I know you could get one in it. But I am a little sad that something like .45GAP didn't do a little better in the market. A big ole .50 at about .45acp velocities is sure one heck of an argument to make.

Yet, I wouldn't mind a .45 230gr at more like 1050fps...IMHO, that's the kind of argument to make with a bear.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Zzzzz_man, beautiful pics, beautiful guns. Really looking forward to your update of how the 50 GI handloads shoot for you.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It sure is interesting. Now, I know WHY it failed. I know you could get one in it. But I am a little sad that something like .45GAP didn't do a little better in the market. A big ole .50 at about .45acp velocities is sure one heck of an argument to make.

Yet, I wouldn't mind a .45 230gr at more like 1050fps...IMHO, that's the kind of argument to make with a bear.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Super

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

Its called 45 Super. And you can get more out of it. Any 45 ACP chambered pistol with decent case support, spring changes, and using Super brass will handle the pressures. A square bottom firing pin stop available for the 1911 is suggested.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Its called 45 Super. And you can get more out of it. Any 45 ACP chambered pistol with decent case support, spring changes, and using Super brass will handle the pressures. A square bottom firing pin stop available for the 1911 is suggested.

A comp also helps a lot with timing and recoil. It'll take some burden off the recoil spring.

Attachments

• 20190930_173511.jpg
      20190930_173511.jpg
      125 KB · Views: 256

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Now that zzz has laid the groundwork. We are the local Guncrafter dealer. Who is ready to order their custom?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Thanks! I’ll look in to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom