• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    We were not happy with the first run of the M10X but after they worked out the bugs the rifles have been great . We really do not have any problems or complaints from shooters on the current production models .

m-m-m10x-7-62x39mm-rifle-22.jpg

m-m-m10x-7-62x39mm-rifle-17.jpg

Thanks for the information. What should 1st run M10X owners do? Send them back to M+M Industries?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have both a first gen PSA KS-47 and the M10X-z. Both had issues after receipt. The first gen KS-47 had a bolt lug clearance issue with many AK-47 mags (that I described in a thread here on MDS - one of the first to point out this issue publicly), and the M10X had more minor issues, including the Magpul QD mounting spot on the M10X rail being out of spec (described in a MDS thread linked upthread - again one of the first to point out this issue).

If I were making a purchasing decision between the two today, I would get the second gen PSA KS-47 over an M10X (realizing that both have distinct operating systems, and some may prefer a piston run gun with a folding stock). First, I think the KS-47, with the mag compatibility issue now addressed, is an otherwise fantastic gun. It’s lightweight and highly customizable drawing on the AR-15 aftermarket. It’s a pleasure to point and shoot the firearm. It might benefit from a different muzzle brake as it has quite a bark. I had my friendly neighborhood (well, 2 hrs away) gunsmith help optimize my gen 1 a bit, but many of the fixes he recommended where incorporated in the gen 2 rile from PSA (not long after he helped with mine). He gave this developmental path a thumbs up. I am so comfortable with the ergos of the KS-47 and pleased with its performance that a gen 2 is on my list.

In terms of range time, I don’t think that I have above 500 rounds through the M10X. It has a great trigger and pleasing accuracy at 100 yards with cheap ammo (2 MOA). It’s not a bad gun (knock on wood) in terms of performance but this statement is qualified by the low round count. It is of course less customizable than the KS-47, and the entry price is significantly higher. For a niche gun with a limited aftermarket and probably less local gunsmith support, making the choice again, I would probably spend my monies elsewhere. I think the attraction was considering AK alternatives in this state and wanting to not spend even more on a Galil.

What really makes the call for me though is dealing with both PSA and M+M when there is a problem. I’ve bought a lot from PSA in the past and will continue to do so. PSA might be slow to ship an item at times (I have not seen this recently with rifles), but they can be counted on. If I have a problem, they will take an item back, fix it or replace it. They stand behind what they sell. They offered to do this with my gen 1 KS-47, but I figured that I had an excellent local option and chose that path. By contrast, my experience with M+M is that they first talk a good talk, but then they drag their feet. It was actually quite painful to get the rifle shipped to M+M and then they did an inadequate fix in my opinion and shipped it back. This was for a significantly more costly rifle to boot. I would no longer take the risk with them. One reason the M10X sits in the safe and is shot less is that I don’t want to deal with the manufacturer if something breaks. I would instead save for a more reliable option (like the Galil) from a more established firearms manufacturer such that you know 10-20 years out, you won’t have a niche gun with no parts support, or I would get a couple of KS-47s.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I have both a first gen PSA KS-47 and the M10X-z. Both had issues after receipt. The first gen KS-47 had a bolt lug clearance issue with many AK-47 mags (that I described in a thread here on MDS - one of the first to point out this issue publicly), and the M10X had more minor issues, including the Magpul QD mounting spot on the M10X rail being out of spec (described in a MDS thread linked upthread - again one of the first to point out this issue).

If I were making a purchasing decision between the two today, I would get the second gen PSA KS-47 over an M10X (realizing that both have distinct operating systems, and some may prefer a piston run gun with a folding stock). First, I think the KS-47, with the mag compatibility issue now addressed, is an otherwise fantastic gun. It’s lightweight and highly customizable drawing on the AR-15 aftermarket. It’s a pleasure to point and shoot the firearm. It might benefit from a different muzzle brake as it has quite a bark. I had my friendly neighborhood (well, 2 hrs away) gunsmith help optimize my gen 1 a bit, but many of the fixes he recommended where incorporated in the gen 2 rile from PSA (not long after he helped with mine). He gave this developmental path a thumbs up. I am so comfortable with the ergos of the KS-47 and pleased with its performance that a gen 2 is on my list.

In terms of range time, I don’t think that I have above 500 rounds through the M10X. It has a great trigger and pleasing accuracy at 100 yards with cheap ammo (2 MOA). It’s not a bad gun (knock on wood) in terms of performance but this statement is qualified by the low round count. It is of course less customizable than the KS-47, and the entry price is significantly higher. For a niche gun with a limited aftermarket and probably less local gunsmith support, making the choice again, I would probably spend my monies elsewhere. I think the attraction was considering AK alternatives in this state and wanting to not spend even more on a Galil.

What really makes the call for me though is dealing with both PSA and M+M when there is a problem. I’ve bought a lot from PSA in the past and will continue to do so. PSA might be slow to ship an item at times (I have not seen this recently with rifles), but they can be counted on. If I have a problem, they will take an item back, fix it or replace it. They stand behind what they sell. They offered to do this with my gen 1 KS-47, but I figured that I had an excellent local option and chose that path. By contrast, my experience with M+M is that they first talk a good talk, but then they drag their feet. It was actually quite painful to get the rifle shipped to M+M and then they did an inadequate fix in my opinion and shipped it back. This was for a significantly more costly rifle to boot. I would no longer take the risk with them. One reason the M10X sits in the safe and is shot less is that I don’t want to deal with the manufacturer if something breaks. I would instead save for a more reliable option (like the Galil) from a more established firearms manufacturer such that you know 10-20 years out, you won’t have a niche gun with no parts support, or I would get a couple of KS-47s.

Thanks for the feedback. I did not know the Galil in 7.62x39 was MD legal.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    IPs here have sold it. Might need to call around. MDSP advice can be variable.

Another one to consider is the PTR-32 that Atlantic Firearms has a webpage for.

That’s good to know, that Galil model is easily modified to look like this.

Attachments

• F371B700-C41A-4900-AD33-5F63CF7FB98D.jpg
      F371B700-C41A-4900-AD33-5F63CF7FB98D.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 398

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads