• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    One day, back in 2012, Mrs. J and I were at Wally World together. Of course I stopped by the rifle display to browse. Somehow I got approval to bring home another Marlin 60 that day. :)

The tiger stripes on the rifle were nice. And I knew at the store the Walmart dipsh!ts had installed the scope backwards. No biggie - I could fix that. So the plinker found a new home. But - the scope was a POS. So the Marlin found its way to the back of a safe. :sad20:

Fast forward to last Sunday: The rifle got some much overdue range time. All my Hooligan friends agreed it needed something better than the dinky scope. So, with some hotel "points" redeemed, the scope you see in the last pic was installed today.

I'm anxious to get the '60 back to the range and sight it in.

Y'all's thoughts?

:shrug:

Attachments

• DSC05805.jpg
      DSC05805.jpg
      34.9 KB · Views: 651
    • DSC05813.jpg
      DSC05813.jpg
      38.8 KB · Views: 665
    • DSC01324 Snip.jpg
      DSC01324 Snip.jpg
      48.1 KB · Views: 644
    • MMOV3651 SNIP.jpg
      MMOV3651 SNIP.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 653
    Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Nice! I have 2 Model 60's. One my Father bought for me from KMart for $39 and one that I inherited from him that he had owned as long as I can remember (it's actually a Revelation, Western Auto's brand name) This is the first time I realized they made them in stainless!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I won't quite go as far as best M60 stock ever , but definitely the best I've seen mfg'ed in past cpl of decades .

( Back in the '60s , the actual Marlin branded M60 had walnut stocks . It was the Glenfield and private labeled ones that had generic "hardwood " stocks .)

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    They are fun rifles. I sent one of my trigger units off to ArrowDodger (user on RimfireCentral) and he mods the trigger to get the best trigger available for the model 60/795 rifles. Stock, the rifles are very nice, but the KAT makes it a very capable target rifle.

Enjoy and Be safe.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I appreciate everyone's input. :thumbsup: The tiger stripes are what caught my attention when I first saw the Marlin at Walmart. If I remember correctly it was ~ $149 at the time. :innocent0

Today I re-installed and leveled the new scope. Then I laser bore sighted the rifle at about 30 yards so it should at least be on paper for its range trip tomorrow. :fingerscrossed: We plan on doing final sight-in with live fire at the range.

Depending on the lighting, the tiger stripes show differently in pics. Here are a couple from today while it was cloudy.

Range report forthcoming after our Hooligan shoot tomorrow...

:)

Attachments

• DSC01378 SNIP.jpg
      DSC01378 SNIP.jpg
      44 KB · Views: 211
    • DSC01377 SNIP.jpg
      DSC01377 SNIP.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 238

Sirex