• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    So I just won a Oculus .22 and I am trying to determine if I need a new barrel for my 10/22 or if I can use an adapter like the ones from infinite systems. Has anyone had experience with these?

If the adapter is a bad idea what is the best bet to make my 10/22 compatible. Should I get a new barrel or can I get someone to thread my barrel?

Thoughts are appreciated. I also have a Browning buckmark but it is a target model and I think i might just try and trade it for a different buckmark or Ruger because I cannot find a compatible barrel for it anywhere with threads.

My first NFA item and I am super pumped.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So I just won a Oculus .22

Realistically, you've probably got several months to work this out.

On the pistol front, a Ruger MK IV 22/45 Lite is a fantastic option. Threaded and ready when you finally get your tax stamp, but plenty of fun right out of the box.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You need a threaded barrel. Slip-on adapters are good enough for something short like a FH, but they are not going to work for a suppressor. You also have the issue where, if the adapter fails, your suppressor could also be seriously harmed.

From what I've seen, replacing a 10/22 barrel doesn't look overly difficult, so I would just buy a new barrel.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i just got (started the paperwork on) a suppressor for my 10/22. have a regular, non-threaded barrel and just bought a kidd threaded barrel for the occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom