• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV

FEATURES

*Short-stroke gas piston.
    *Simple field stripping into only 2 parts, easy to clean and no need for special tools.
    *Detachablereplaceable barrel.
    *2 different barrel lengths to choose from –17” and 20”.
    *4 position gas regulator – RegularExtremeSuppressorClosed (for special operations).
    *M-LOK fore end, provided MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
    *Covered MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail at the 6 o’clock position.

Highly efficient & reliable modular battle rifle:

*Designed for minimum operator and armorer level maintenance, thus reducing life cycle costs.
    *100% interchangeability, reducing the overall costs of the system.
    *All the metal parts of the weapon are corrosion resistant.
    *Body built of high strength impact modified polymer.
    *Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel, for enhanced accuracy & life cycle.
    *Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Rail.

*The rifle is equipped with a significantly efficient jump compensator for better shooter stability.
    *Uses any NATOMIL STD 7.62 Steel / aluminum / polymer magazine Optimized ergonomic design.
    *Pistol grips can be changed or modified.
    *Fully Ambidextrous weapon: Safety Lever, Magazine Release, Bolt Catch: can be converted by the user from side to side ejection port, bolt and charging handle, Non reciprocating charging handle, Enlarged trigger guard for easier access and hand protection.

NO PRICE $$ YET ??? But definitely on my To Buy List.

Attachments

• IWI_17-1024x275.jpg
      IWI_17-1024x275.jpg
      13 KB · Views: 1,566

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

FEATURES

*Short-stroke gas piston.
    *Simple field stripping into only 2 parts, easy to clean and no need for special tools.
    *Detachablereplaceable barrel.
    *2 different barrel lengths to choose from –17” and 20”.
    *4 position gas regulator – RegularExtremeSuppressorClosed (for special operations).
    *M-LOK fore end, provided MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
    *Covered MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail at the 6 o’clock position.

Highly efficient & reliable modular battle rifle:

*Designed for minimum operator and armorer level maintenance, thus reducing life cycle costs.
    *100% interchangeability, reducing the overall costs of the system.
    *All the metal parts of the weapon are corrosion resistant.
    *Body built of high strength impact modified polymer.
    *Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel, for enhanced accuracy & life cycle.
    *Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Rail.

*The rifle is equipped with a significantly efficient jump compensator for better shooter stability.
    *Uses any NATOMIL STD 7.62 Steel / aluminum / polymer magazine Optimized ergonomic design.
    *Pistol grips can be changed or modified.
    *Fully Ambidextrous weapon: Safety Lever, Magazine Release, Bolt Catch: can be converted by the user from side to side ejection port, bolt and charging handle, Non reciprocating charging handle, Enlarged trigger guard for easier access and hand protection.

NO PRICE $$ YET ??? But definitely on my To Buy List.

Price and availability have been open questions. They (IWI) keep sayin January 2018. I keep waiting

This is the next gun. Heck, I might even get rid of a couple when this one (finally) comes in the door. I can't wait.

Appears we are not alone!

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Price and availability have been open questions. They (IWI) keep sayin January 2018. I keep waiting

This is the next gun. Heck, I might even get rid of a couple when this one (finally) comes in the door. I can't wait.

Appears we are not alone!

Same Here :thumbsup:

I compare it to the DT MDR (308 and 300BLK Option) price $2500.00...

Though the only difference is what will the TAVOR 7 optional caliber BE? (6.5c or 338 Fed)

IWI is slow to get Caliber Kits out. as the MDR from what I researched.

But I am venturing into Reloading arena and the Primary Caliber is 308 and 300KLK and 762x39...for me.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Same Here :thumbsup:

I compare it to the DT MDR (308 and 300BLK Option) price $2500.00...

Though the only difference is what will the TAVOR 7 optional caliber BE? (6.5c or 338 Fed)

IWI is slow to get Caliber Kits out. as the MDR from what I researched.

But I am venturing into Reloading arena and the Primary Caliber is 308 and 300KLK and 762x39...for me.
    Roger. Copy.

I'm struggling with a proper/ideal host for thermal sight. IMO, the Tavor has great ergs for same.

For the moment, I'm at AR in 300 BO. I'd really rather a 308. The bullpup would lend itself better to using the optic/camera for scanning at night.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    So a buddy of mine has a SCAR 17 that we both love to shoot.. I have to pickup this - just looks to cool to pass over.... The SCAR is fun - this has the potential to be better.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Does the Israeli army use this?

Edit: The rail on this gun and other bullpups are quite short and intended for optical sights. Does anyone know if iron sights can be mounted on this gun and other bullpups with a long sight radius?

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    "TAVOR 7 is a battle ready innovative weapon, built to be durable and robust, designed in close collaboration with the IDF to create a weapon with outstanding performance and accuracy in all environmental conditions with enhanced human ergonomics."

BUIS would mount easily on the Pic Rail. Though it would need enough elevation adjustment for the 308 rd in relation to the range capability.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    The top rail doesn't appear to be very long and sight radius wouldn't be similar to an AR. I guess I'm old fashioned and like iron sights.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Too busy with their new Bullpup Shotgun

Anyone know if IWI left PA? Said they were moving shop weeks ago

Attachments

• 4CDD22FB-E665-4D51-A6F5-55B3D3D3840E.jpeg
      4CDD22FB-E665-4D51-A6F5-55B3D3D3840E.jpeg
      14.2 KB · Views: 382

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics