• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Anyone interested in this new company?

Don't know anything about them, but I wish them well. From the photos, which is all we really have so far, looks like they are at least trying to be a little innovative. Things have been a little stagnant on the development cycle the last 10-15 years or so. It's mainly been polishing up and refinement of current designs. Small changes like this might nudge others off further down the road.

http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-exclusive-hudson-h9-revealed-121960.html

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    Yea it looks interesting. I can't wait to see it reviewed. It looks like it has a 1911 trigger on a striker fired gun with an insanely low bore axis and high grip.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I'll have to check out their website tomorrow. The article is thin on details, but it looks cool. Must have a gubbermint contracting business too since they mentioned the Vet/woman-owned status (or maybe they're going after a contract with this gun?).

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I hope the lower part of the muzzle has a little weight for super quick follow up shots. I'll agree it looks like an arsenal strike one banged a 1911 and farted out a well designed FNX9. That being said I actually really like it

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Not going to win any beauty contests...but Glock don't either.

Design should make it a cream puff to shoot.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It doesn't make any sense to me why the recoil spring/guide rod is so low. I'd be interested in learning what their rationale is.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Looks interesting. Sort of like a Steyr with a double stack 1911 grip. Might be tempting depending on the price point.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Yeah the bore axis didn't look any lower, just looked like the recoil spring and guide rod sat lower, and the slide has that rather long tang on the muzzle end. That may be trying to use leverage to their advantage? If the force on the user is transferred by the recoil spring to the frame, to the hand, if they can get that force lower into the palm it would help follow up shots?

This is all just theorizing based on photos of course.

But what happens when the barrel hits the locking block which is sitting up higher in the hand? Would that matter because by then it has transferred its energy into the slide that keeps traveling and bleeding it's energy into the spring?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I'm interested if only due to the fact that I shoot slide triggers much more accurately than hinged triggers. I'm best with 1911s and 1903 clones (Tokarev TTC for example) but am horrible with Glocks, XDs, etc. About the only hinge trigger I shoot well is my PA-63. My Hi-Power clone is accurate in everyone's hands but mine however.

Well they lost me at the $1100 price tag.

Startup company with only a few untested products in the US? It's gonna be expensive to start. Prices will drop if it's successful and they can work with economies of scale for production.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Looks like all the marketing money that they are spending on this thing is maybe driving this price out of the market.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Being in the video production world, I gotta say I'm more than impressed with their ads. Work like this doesn't come cheap:

I'll be sharing this with my colleagues tomorrow. Well done stuff.

I'd be interested to try one of these out someday. MSRP is never street price. The price doesn't seem awful if you consider however much money you've spent on tricking out your glock...
    (provided it can run as reliably as one, of course)

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Being in the video production world, I gotta say I'm more than impressed with their ads. Work like this doesn't come cheap:

I'll be sharing this with my colleagues tomorrow. Well done stuff.

I'd be interested to try one of these out someday. MSRP is never street price. The price doesn't seem awful if you consider however much money you've spent on tricking out your glock...
    (provided it can run as reliably as one, of course)

That is awesome, on a side note I need someone who's willing to make me a (Youtube) channel intro at a next to nothing MDshooters rate, do you have anyone in mind? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom