What do folks think about fanny packs for CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    When i carry (in DE, not MD yet), i usually go with an alien gear IWB rig.

I've been thinking about using a fanny pack now and then but was curious if anyone had experience with that and how it worked for them.

Appreciate any input / suggestions.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    All joking aside there are situations that a fanny pack may be a viable option. I know of several people that will use them while jogging. I have used a Maxpidetion bag while hiking and fishing.

Another option to consider is a belly band. They don't work for me due to my size but again I know others that use them with great success.

Find what works for you but follow the basic rules.
    1. The holster must secure the firearm.
    2. The holster must cover the trigger guard.
    3. The holster must help conceal the firearm.
    4. And IT MUST BE COMFORTABLE.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Having gone thru both (I hate to admit) go for a belly band. Also why do they call them fanny packs when most wear them in the front (especially with a gun in it). Maybe they should be correctly called p**** packs. Fill in the letter depending on your sex.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It is better than not having a firearm at all. I can see when they may be appropriate, just not preferable.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    serious though they are great it allows robbers to steal all your stuff quickly. Nothing is better then saying can you hold on Mr. Robber while you are trying to unzip your dong purse to get out your gun.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    ahem, they work, you just have to know the CORRECT pack to get and stop calling a a FANNY PAC! personally, when the unavoidable occasion came up i stowed a 3 inch, s&w 686+ in my SAFE-PAC, man-purse.

the safe-pac has stainless steel braided cabling in the belt/shoulder strap and it had stainless steel wire weaved throughout the pac so no one could slice it open. as for the zipper, someone mentioned, it had a pretty neat pull tab you tugged on for quick access. do not wear it over yer man-parts or on your backside, wear it at about 4 o'clock right hip or 8 o'clock left hip.

due to the weight, if you cinch it up tight, the damn thing will wiggle and waggle with every step. wear it kinda loose. like the cowboys did in the old west with their OWB leather holsters. it lay where you want it to lay that way.

footnote, to the OP, ever since i discovered the IWB from blade-tech.com, the man-purse is a thing of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom