• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Been trying to figure out how long the collector letter should take - I mailed mine in on 3/7/18 - that's about 7 days ago, but allowing for mail transit & week-ends, it's actually only been about 4 days anyone could actually have looked at it.
    Wondering if it will come back before the 30 days passes for me to pick up my 2nd gun (Springfield XD-E 9mm)

Is there a way to check on these applications?

No way to check.

It usually takes 2-3 weeks.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    Been trying to figure out how long the collector letter should take - I mailed mine in on 3/7/18 - that's about 7 days ago, but allowing for mail transit & week-ends, it's actually only been about 4 days anyone could actually have looked at it.
    Wondering if it will come back before the 30 days passes for me to pick up my 2nd gun (Springfield XD-E 9mm)

Is there a way to check on these applications?
    Didn't reset the clock for me on a purchase I had in the 30 day limbo... Told the release date is set when they get the application.

I got mine back in about a week.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, mine took almost exactly 2 weeks. I mailed it on a Friday and I either got it back 2 weeks later on a Friday or the Monday that followed. That was a few months ago.

A lot of other people have said roughly 2 weeks.

j_kroeber

Mar 14, 2018
    SOMD
    I heard horror stories from guys that put in their request in years past and it taking months, thankfully the seem to have their ducks in a row now. I sent mine in 9 days ago and got in in the mail today. I get to buy my lower Monday, as opposed to needing to wait 2 more weeks for my 30 days between purchases to pass.

I really don't understand this designation, it's easy, free and fast and inadvertently points out that the 30 day req is arbitrary an absurd.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I heard horror stories from guys that put in their request in years past and it taking months, thankfully the seem to have their ducks in a row now. I sent mine in 9 days ago and got in in the mail today. I get to buy my lower Monday, as opposed to needing to wait 2 more weeks for my 30 days between purchases to pass.

I really don't understand this designation, it's easy, free and fast and inadvertently points out that the 30 day req is arbitrary an absurd.

I believe it is a “hoops” issue. You want it enough to get more than one every 30 days, just through a hoop and we will figure you ain’t a crazy violent potential criminal and relax it.

If nothing else, it is at a minimum some recognition that people collect guns and it is stupid and absurd to restrict a collector to purchasing only a single regulated firearm every month when sometimes people want to buy 2 or 3 because of sale, auction, estate sale or whatever.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mailed mine one hour ago...let's see how long..

Have you checked the mail yet? When I applied a few years back during the crazy years of confusion it took about 2 months. They misspelled my name but MSP trooper said “don’t worry, we know who you are”. Haven’t had any problems. That’s around the time the 7-day wait was more like 7-month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom