Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old April 7th, 2018, 05:14 PM #31

Notice that Krebs is on that list! Both Lou45 and I tried to warn you about her! She has to GO!
dist1646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2018, 05:54 PM #32

Had another candidate for district 7 delegate stop by asking about putting up a sign. I asked him a few questions about bump stocks and the ar15. He SAYS he's a constitutional conservative but then says
"this is Md. you have to work smart"
" they are 2 to 1 you have to work smart"
"My friend has an ar my uncle has an ar"
When I pressed him about bump stocks he says
"I don't think we should HAVE them I can pull a trigger fast"
He does think we should have the right to carry but I don't like his willingness to give up 2A stuff because " you have to work smart"
Josh Barlow WILL NOT be getting my vote in June.
newmuzzleloader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2018, 06:03 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicOfFranklin View Post
Simonaire seems pretty worthless. Have only been in his district for the most recent cycle, but seems I traded a democrat for one in a GOP suit jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which one father or daughter? Delegate would be the daughter, I thought she was more 2a friendly, but that may have changed. Did she get contaminated?
Old April 16th, 2018, 12:19 PM #34

Walters in 32

All,

Thanks Stoveman for the shout out.

I am for open carry and shall issue. There are things you can negotiate and things you cannot. The right to protect one's self is a God given right and called out in the Declaration of Independence and is non-negotiable. I believe no man has to ask another to be allowed to protect himself and his loved ones.

I also believe that 2A specifically provides me the right to what ever is needed to defend against a tyrannical government. Not sure how much more tyrannical this can get before things start breaking down.

I also believe in term limits (2) to prevent people from being compromised by the system regardless of how well meaning they are. I did not testify but wrote multiple letters (you can find on my Fb or here on one of the boards) to our delegates.

As Dan Blasberg called out during this weekend's rally we as a community need to focus on areas where we can pick up seats and my race is one of those. So if you are in a solid red area regardless of who is running or maybe because of it I would be a solid investment for the fight. A thought for consideration.

Tim
443-848-6291
waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
waltersfor32.com

Citizens for Tim Walters Treasurer: Brittany Kohler
eodtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 10:37 AM #35
President, MSI

President, MSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbow1969 View Post
Everyone that voted for this bill is an asshole and a sellout. These are all delegates.
I will respectfully suggest that the operative vote is on the bill that came over from the Senate (as amended) and that passed both houses. Senate vote and Houses vote attached. At that point, everyone (at last) understood the basis for our opposition. The original House bill that was initially voted on was radically changed in secret by the House committee and rammed through by the leadership.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Final House Vote.pdf (34.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Final Senate Vote.pdf (120.5 KB, 10 views)
Old April 20th, 2018, 10:55 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqappellate View Post
I will respectfully suggest that the operative vote is on the bill that came over from the Senate (as amended) and that passed both houses. Senate vote and Houses vote attached. At that point, everyone (at last) understood the basis for our opposition. The original House bill that was initially voted on was radically changed in secret by the House committee and rammed through by the leadership.
my senator down, who voted correctly on both the bump stock bill and 1302, that the reps down here were fine with their votes because the republican leadership told them to vote for those bills. then when the shit hit the fan with us complaining the reps called him and the rest of the senators down here begging them do something to get them another shot at voting on it because they are scared of getting un elected. then the reps, the ones that would talk to me, made up some bullshit story blaming the nra and the republican leadership for their votes BUT they were standing by their votes until they had a second chance to vote.

I watched the committee meeting, I knew we and the nra were against these bills, how is it that the reps there didn't?? its just a bullshit excuse.

they were willing to sell our rights to get votes from soccer moms and left wing loonies that are moving here all the time.

these reps should be voted out this fall.

no disrespect meant to anyone except those reps.
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI
44man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 11:47 AM #37
President, MSI

President, MSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44man View Post
my senator down, who voted correctly on both the bump stock bill and 1302, that the reps down here were fine with their votes because the republican leadership told them to vote for those bills. then when the shit hit the fan with us complaining the reps called him and the rest of the senators down here begging them do something to get them another shot at voting on it because they are scared of getting un elected. then the reps, the ones that would talk to me, made up some bullshit story blaming the nra and the republican leadership for their votes BUT they were standing by their votes until they had a second chance to vote.

I watched the committee meeting, I knew we and the nra were against these bills, how is it that the reps there didn't?? its just a bullshit excuse.

they were willing to sell our rights to get votes from soccer moms and left wing loonies that are moving here all the time.

these reps should be voted out this fall.

no disrespect meant to anyone except those reps.
I fully understand where you are coming from. There is no more ardent opponent to HB1302 than me. I can't even being to count the hours I spent on that bill. I can't speak for the NRA and what they did or didn't do. We have asked the Gov. to veto the final bill (which incidentally, while G Awful, is *much* better than the original House bill, because of the opposition that was mounted to the House bill). https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...st-for-hb-1302 MSI (me in particular) do not try to tell folks how to vote or who to oppose or support (that goes beyond our charter). We merely try to provide information so that everyone can make that choice intelligently for themselves.
Old April 20th, 2018, 12:36 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqappellate View Post
I fully understand where you are coming from. There is no more ardent opponent to HB1302 than me. I can't even being to count the hours I spent on that bill. I can't speak for the NRA and what they did or didn't do. We have asked the Gov. to veto the final bill (which incidentally, while G Awful, is *much* better than the original House bill, because of the opposition that was mounted to the House bill). https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...st-for-hb-1302 MSI (me in particular) do not try to tell folks how to vote or who to oppose or support (that goes beyond our charter). We merely try to provide information so that everyone can make that choice intelligently for themselves.
I understand all the above, I appreciate all that you and everyone fighting for our 2a rights does. And yes itís , I wonít say better, less terrible but itís still unconstitutional on its face and every law maker that voted for it went against their oaths.
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

NRA life member
Va ccw
Fla ccw
MSI
44man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 12:37 PM #39
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

I think you can pretty much count on two things in PG County:

MGACritters will be anti-gun DemocRATs; and
They will run unopposed.

About the only way to get rid of them is via an indictment/conviction, and even then it's not certain.

We have the best government that money can buy.
Holster

Clint Eastwood: ďI tried being reasonable, I didnít like itĒ
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues