• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1951460478404248&id=100006209440111

ESM and DE lineman get it done in Puerto Rico. Have Lights, Thank a Lineman.
    I think I seen one young man in there who did not seem to happy to get back to the books.
    So far we only have a pretty good amount of stitches and some hurt butt reports that needed filled out. Hopefully these guys soon make it home safe to see their families and children who they have left behind for quite some time now.
    A good many of them probably live in a community nearby and some you may know whether its by friend, face, another family member, church volunteer fire hall or veterans organization
    I'm proud to say I have a small role in leading/mentoring some of these guys and just wanted others to see the reaction they got after a job well done.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Good job. How was it like working on a grid system that's been entirely ignored for 30 years? Now they say with the $300 million "loan" they can keep the lights on for a month? I read that the power company there is billions in debt.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    They're only going to have 285 million left by the time were done with them. And that's just us. Re-purposing damaged line equipment because of no material, trucks catching on fire because of things falling down, substations burning up guys getting hurt some wont be coming back Army Corps of Engineers having all kinds of problems with the locals its a mess. Nowhere near as bad as what happened in Canada a few years ago though. The Cmp and Army gave you 30 seconds to answer the door before they went in. People froze up because of the extreme cold, dead farm animals everywhere, everything was tore down there north of Montreal.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The last one that knocked out San Juan +, A guy I know named Virgil closed in some 40's that on cold load pick-up must have allowed the supervisory controls in the subby to recognize fault current from a tree that was already laying over in a right of way on a different circuit.
    Alot of places guys have to get in by helicopter because you have to mountain climb to get there. Maybe they'll get everything on just in time for Hurricane season.

ABC? They're more than welcome to go get them some. The real irony is that some customers have been receiving bills with kw usage and they have been out for a few months and equipment gets re-purposed to more affluent areas.
    I'm not aware of anything we did today to cause an interruption.....yet, but I do know that nobodies hurt within our group so that's a good thing.
    Remember, today is National Lineman Day. Lets not spoil that with some minor operational set backs in Puerto Rico or our neighborhoods if we live at the end of a long tap without alot of people on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom