• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I see that this guy is going about things the wrong way and might be just "one of those guys" in life.

But, that being said, it's still a shame that there is a ******** stigma with it.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hello,

Is there any way around this? As a good citizen(fingerprinting complete), avid range shooter, and having taken the HQL class, I was denied my handgun permit because I happen to have a medical cannabis card. I am not a habitual user but was still denied. Is there any way around this?

No and it’s due to Federal law. Until that law is changed, holders of a medical cannabis card cannot legally own a firearm under federal law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Hello,
    Is there any way around this? As a good citizen(fingerprinting complete), avid range shooter, and having taken the HQL class, I was denied my handgun permit because I happen to have a medical cannabis card. I am not a habitual user but was still denied. Is there any way around this?

If you do a Search, you'll find all the reasons and attempts to get permits.
    You'll also have found that since cannabis is still illegal federally it is disqualifying for a permit and the 'Medical Marijuana and 2A' thread.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Welcome to Maryland and the hundreds of us denied. If you do a Search, you'll find all the reasons and attempts to get permits.

You'll also find that since cannabis is still illegal federally it is disqualifying for a permit

Don’t bother, the OP has already been banned

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    No shame in that, the community should self police when it comes to things clearly illegal.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Don’t bother, the OP has already been banned

I just hate it when some dumbass comes here to ask a question that's been addressed dozens of times and is too lazy to Search.......:mad54:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Maybe he did search but was still looking for the answer he wanted to hear
    Here's what was found.....
    0cc3149d0a071ef2665203c786949198.jpg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Big mistake, technically you arent even allowed to have firearms if you have a MM card. Better off getting it illegally since its pretty much decriminalized now.

Just curious, did you tell them you have a MM card or did they find out on their own?

So when I went to interview for my CCW; they did not ask me directly if I had a MM card. They DID require me to bring in ALL medications prescribed to me. I would think a MM card would fit in that category.

Looks like you have to make a choice between MM or owning a firearm. I choose to be a firearm owner.

[EDIT] Hmm. Looks like my comments are OBE.

So when I went to interview for my CCW; they did not ask me directly if I had a MM card. They DID require me to bring in ALL medications prescribed to me. I would think a MM card would fit in that category.

Looks like you have to make a choice between MM or owning a firearm. I choose to be a firearm owner.

[EDIT] Hmm. Looks like my comments are OBE.
    Whatever your doctor prescribes should be between you and your doctor, including MM. It's none of the government's business. Its complete bs along with all the financial info and other bs they demand. The supreme court needs to grow a set and put a end to this ********.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Whatever your doctor prescribes should be between you and your doctor, including MM. It's none of the government's business. Its complete bs along with all the financial info and other bs they demand. The supreme court needs to grow a set and put a end to this ********.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think MM is any worse than alcohol personally. However, one is currently illegal under federal law and one is not. I choose to follow the law and continue to own firearms, but that is a personal decision. I knew this would come to a "head" at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom