• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It was a stoner, high on weed that stuck a 12ga in my face and threatened to kill me. First hand experience.
    Alrighty then. We've got a grand total of two......

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm smarter than to think it's anything less than pure insanity for alcohol to be the beloved (and fully legal) drug of choice for Americans while we're still demonizing a relatively safe recreational drug our Government refuses to study.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm smarter than to think it's anything less than pure insanity for alcohol to be the beloved (and fully legal) drug of choice for Americans while we're still demonizing a relatively safe recreational drug our Government refuses to study.

Just like why there aren't large scale studies into Lyme Disease and its long term effects.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And the scientific evidence to have originally banned it = zero . It was the personal crusade of one federal beaurcrat .

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

Doesn't make me go hmmmm at all. Say what you want about alcohol; I don't abuse or even use it. But conflating your opinions of booze has no bearing on the real victims of a marijuana; a drug that the FDA and DEA have determined:

• has a high potential for abuse,
    • has no currently accepted medical treatment use in the U.S.,
    • has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.

Until those issues are scientifically resolved and appropriate legislation is passed for acceptable use AND restrictions and testing for abuse (including impaired driving), at which point medical patients can properly benefit from the drug, to flippantly dismiss real victims of marijuana abuse is both insensitive and I would argue counter-productive to the point you're trying to make.

We are treating those who hold different opinions than us with respect. I would request that you do the same.

And the scientific evidence to have originally banned it = zero . It was the personal crusade of one federal beaurcrat .

No one man was responsible for making marijuana illegal. States began to pass laws against marijuana in the 1920s, and by the 1930s all 50 states outlawed it - independently and one at a time. The first national regulation was in 1937. In 1970 those laws were strengthened at the federal level. For decades all Administrations, both Republicans and Democrats, spanning FDA Commissioners and DEA Administrators of all political persuasions, have supported the status quo - based on the science.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And yet, here we are today decades later and the average Joe is still happily buying in to the ********.

I actually know more people who DIED from careless cigarette smoking than have been negatively effected (at all) by weed.

Last April 1st my in-laws condo burnt to the ground from an improperly discarded cigarette. Caused over $6 Million dollars in damages (total loss to an entire 18 unit building). No one died in that example but it's amazing not.

Back in the late 90's a guy who lived not far from me caught his couch and drapes on fire after he fell a sleep smoking a cigarette. He jumped out of a second story window, his 18 month old son died in the fire.

Yet, we celebrate and protect the ability to consume tobacco........ a product which we KNOW kills ~60K Americas a year.

I'm just always amused how "freedom loving" Members here are all about government infringements as long as it's not THEIR vice that is being banned.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    aray, once part of your argument includes "no medical use" I'm done even listening.

You'd have to live in a fvckn cave to actually believe that.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And, I also disagree on your opinion about how we got to where we are. It was most definitely a Federal ban.

And, in case you haven't notice, a MAJORITY of States are heading the other way now and rightfully so want the Feds to butt out.

Canada is fully legal, the people I talked to up there in October said it didn't make one single bit of difference to them aside from stopping the waste of enforcement. Mind you, these weren't exactly your average Canadians either, I'm talking very conservative guys.

https://youtu.be/CJlqsdezhhk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Amphetamine aspartate monohydrate:*25% – stimulant; (12.5% levo; 12.5%*dextro)

(Adderall)

Fully legal for use, widely abused and given to children nonetheless.

Read the first ingredient.....

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Amphetamine aspartate monohydrate:*25% – stimulant; (12.5% levo; 12.5%*dextro)

(Adderall)

Fully legal for use, widely abused and given to children nonetheless.

Read the first ingredient.....

The pharmaceutical companies give Millions to politicians every year. The Marijuana growers need to step it up. only then will things change.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The pharmaceutical companies give Millions to politicians every year. The Marijuana growers need to step it up. only then will things change.
    I'm wondering how many more generations (in the US) before public perception catches up.

I don't blame them for not paying to play, that is a other American pastime that needs to die asap.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I actually know more people who DIED from careless cigarette smoking than have been negatively effected (at all) by weed.

Last April 1st my in-laws condo burnt to the ground from an improperly discarded cigarette. Caused over $6 Million dollars in damages (total loss to an entire 18 unit building). No one died in that example but it's amazing not.

Back in the late 90's a guy who lived not far from me caught his couch and drapes on fire after he fell a sleep smoking a cigarette. He jumped out of a second story window, his 18 month old son died in the fire.

Yet, we celebrate and protect the ability to consume tobacco........ a product which we KNOW kills ~60K Americas a year.

I'm just always amused how "freedom loving" Members here are all about government infringements as long as it's not THEIR vice that is being banned.

If you're waiting for me to defend cigarettes you need to find a different spokesman to debate.

And I'm a conservative; I'm not a libertarian or a liberal. I don't support the legalization of any of the Schedule 1 drugs, including heroin, LSD, ecstasy, etc. Do you? You should watch the new video Seattle is Dying for insight into what happens to societies who start to go down that path:

aray, once part of your argument includes "no medical use" I'm done even listening.

You'd have to live in a fvckn cave to actually believe that.

You're not really arguing with me, but with thousands of qualified medical researchers across the generations who have studied delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and who have come to, and continue to support, listing marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug.

And, I also disagree on your opinion about how we got to where we are. It was most definitely a Federal ban.

Well it's history, not my opinion. From Wikipedia:

"The legal history of cannabis in the United States pertains to the regulation of cannabis (legal term marijuana or marihuana) for medical, recreational, and industrial purposes in the United States. Increased restrictions and labeling of cannabis as a poison began in many states from 1906 onward, and outright prohibitions began in the 1920s. By the mid-1930s cannabis was regulated as a drug in every state, including 35 states that adopted the Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act. The first national regulation was the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937. Cannabis was officially outlawed for any use (medical included) with the passage of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) of 1970."​

That is exactly consistent with what I said in my previous post.

And, in case you haven't notice, a MAJORITY of States are heading the other way now and rightfully so want the Feds to butt out.

Of course I've noticed, and I believe it to be a mistake, without the following (previously posted by me):

I, and no doubt millions of other Americans who believe the same way, are willing to be convinced in the other direction, but here's what I believe would have to be done first:

• Independent (no axe to grind), controlled scientific studies that both demonstrate a validated medical benefit, and also explain why previous studies showing the opposite were flawed,
    • Valid studies demonstrating equivalent levels of impairment between a BAC of 0.08 and a THC level matching that level of impairment - call it X,
    • A roadside test that LEO can administer (and can be sustained judicially) to determine the THC levels present in a suspected impaired driver,
    • All 50 states to pass laws prohibiting driving while impaired at that level X of impairment while under the influence of THC,
    • State laws allowing private employers to test and to sanction employees under the influence of THC, if they believe such impairment affects their work performance or the company's liability.

I'd also like to find some way to control the fake pill-pushing doctors ... you've no doubt seen the undercover videos of doctors who spend 30 seconds with "patients" who want controlled substances, never examine the person in the room, never ask them any diagnostic questions, and are with them only long enough to fill out the prescription forms and to collect their co-pay. I know this is a systemic problem that only starts with the opioids and others, but it certainly is going to continue on to dope as well, now that states are making that legal. I have to be honest; it frosts my shorts to see all of these small hand-planted signs all along the roadways popping up recently about "Need a medical marijuana card?" followed by a picture of a weed plant and a phone number. Great way to surgically market to your target audience, eh? :sad20:

I think that's a reasonable way forward, and one which would allow for legitimate medical usage if any while simultaneously protecting innocent victims (to whatever extent is possible). I noticed you chose not to comment on that proposal. Love to hear your opinion on a compromise approach.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Again, too much to quote.

I'll just leave it at this, I don't think ANY drugs should be illegal. What "good" does it do currently? How much more illegal can heroin become before people actually stop using it?

Super double extra special illegal with q cherry on top? Will that stop current addicts?

I'm never surprised around here how we get to where we're at with at with infringements, some folks really can't seem to get enough!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Again, too much to quote.

I'll just leave it at this, I don't think ANY drugs should be illegal. What "good" does it do currently? How much more illegal can heroin become before people actually stop using it?

Super double extra special illegal with q cherry on top? Will that stop current addicts?

I'm never surprised around here how we get to where we're at with at with infringements, some folks really can't seem to get enough!

Well, I disagree not every drug should be legal to use. That is just being silly. If we have major problems with drugs that are illegal, so we just open it up? I can see where would result in more than a few problems popping up.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Well, I disagree not every drug should be legal to use. That is just being silly. If we have major problems with drugs that are illegal, so we just open it up. I can see that there would be a more than a few problems popping up over that.
    I'm asking (seriously) does heroin being "illegal" stop its current users from seeking, possessing and consuming the drug?

I don't use heroin or other illegal drugs based on my fear of addiction, financial ruin, public shame, arrest, prohibition of future firearms ownership and an early/miserable death.

If people don't have those rational fears, does making a substance "illegal" stop them?

Sure doesn't seem to, all it does is drain my pockets of tax dollars wasted on ******** enforcement that is nothing more than a joke at this point.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I'm asking (seriously) does heroin being "illegal" stop its current users from seeking, possessing and consuming the drug?

I don't use heroin or other illegal drugs based on my fear of addiction, financial ruin, public shame, arrest, prohibition of future firearms ownership and an early/miserable death.

If people don't have those rational fears, does making a substance "illegal" stop them?

Sure doesn't seem to, all it does is drain my pockets of tax dollars wasted on ******** enforcement that is nothing more than a joke at this point.

Seriously you don't think it would make the problem worse? You don't think it would turn into an Oxycodone/Oxycontin like situation. You don't think the numbers would grow? You don't think there would be more tax increases for say.....Drug rehabilitation, medical cost increases, employee work loss, increase in policing. Not to mention other things like Health insurance increases. You think everyone is going to be like you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom