• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Don't know if either post is directed at me, but while I often post "Hugs, not drugs", I don't think they should be illegal.

Freedom can be beautiful, but it can also be ugly, and dangerous.
    Not at all my friend, this was a small attempt to provide cover fire for PJDiesel. I cannot recall any member's this could be directed towards, wasn't that important. But I am willing to bet people will remember me once the total world wide count of deaths from pot reaches oh , say five (5).

Interestingly, my parents have always been against it, however, ordered some cbd products yesterday.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Wow, takes balls to label people in this forum, kudos.

The OPs interest was trying to stay out of prison. I thought the ensuing philosophical debate was tedious and unproductive at best. And certainly not a 2A topic. I was trying to give everyone a chuckling reminder that this isn’t the Twitterdome.

Back to the OPs question ( of course IANAL).... one of the three elements of 18 USC 922 barring possession by an unlawful user of a controlled substance include interstate transportation of the firearm or ammunition. Of course that would be dangerously splitting hairs and is only the federal part.

Link: https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao-ut/legacy/2013/06/03/guncard.pdf

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I don't even know what a "UXO" is, never heard the term.

UneXploded Ordnance

Spent a lot of time dealing with it at Fort Meade from a planning perspective. This is the real reason the North Tract of Patuxent Wildlife Preserve isn't a housing development!!!! This area of the Fort was the tank ranges when the Fort was home to Armored!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Here’s what I am seeing now since they have decriminalize weed and now give out weed cards just for requesting them

I fired my best carpenter last week because weed is now more important than coming to work and I am way busy and having help that shows 20-28 hours a week won’t cut it, but his dr says he needs to. Now I am going to fire two more Friday because they reek of weed all the time and their excuse is they don’t burn the on my job but they have to before, at lunch, and all day and night after quitting time because their drs gave them a weed card to relieve their stress. The fact that they’re high at work apparently is ok since they have weed cards. I had to fire a sub a few weeks ago because he was smoking his medical weed on site because “ his dr said he had to”?

I don’t give two shits what they do at home but I cannot have them smoking or eating that shit at work, before work or at lunch,it’s to much of a liability. I have , because of our insurance carrier the ability to piss test our employees without notice, I guess I will have to start.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The OPs interest was trying to stay out of prison. I thought the ensuing philosophical debate was tedious and unproductive at best. And certainly not a 2A topic. I was trying to give everyone a chuckling reminder that this isn’t the Twitterdome.
    My bad, I did not notice the "sarcasm" qualifier in your post and, as stated, my post was to quell as well. For me pot is business and as several have mentioned "Follow The Damn Money".
    If you have not noticed MDS has lost quite a few outstanding members of late so as for not being twitterdome, lol I beg to differ. I have been involved in Four threads this year that have been "closed" by the mods. Not arguing with you, just found some inconsistencies and now ironpony is labeled as an mdstoker for backing up someone with similar interests. ? ugh

OP will learn something from the thread change of topic, finding out not only the legality of the question but the sentiment among friends as to this subject. If the OP did not want discussion they would have asked an attorney.
    No offense meant to anyone, just so nice of a day don't want to work, might walk over to the range! Better yet, might take the backhoe, my 7' berm is down to 5 1/2' now.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Here’s what I am seeing now since they have decriminalize weed and now give out weed cards just for requesting them

I fired my best carpenter last week because weed is now more important than coming to work and I am way busy and having help that shows 20-28 hours a week won’t cut it, but his dr says he needs to. Now I am going to fire two more Friday because they reek of weed all the time and their excuse is they don’t burn the on my job but they have to before, at lunch, and all day and night after quitting time because their drs gave them a weed card to relieve their stress. The fact that they’re high at work apparently is ok since they have weed cards. I had to fire a sub a few weeks ago because he was smoking his medical weed on site because “ his dr said he had to”?

I don’t give two shits what they do at home but I cannot have them smoking or eating that shit at work, before work or at lunch,it’s to much of a liability. I have , because of our insurance carrier the ability to piss test our employees without notice, I guess I will have to start.
    I believe companies are still allowed to have such policies so I feel bad to see this being done while working. You did the right thing if properly warned. Good luck.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    As with all things do what you want responsibility. That is what freedom means, at least that is my take on the subject.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

That sucks but you can't have people intoxicated at work for obvious reasons. I can't imagine the liability if some injury happened as well.

I hear that it is hard to test for since your urine can come back positive for a monthish after use making it hard to show use while driving or at work. They have blood test for DUI situations right?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That's exactly why the state makes things illegal. Some people just won't behave responsibly. They ruin things for everyone else.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's exactly why the state makes things illegal. Some people just won't behave responsibly. They ruin things for everyone else.
    If that were the case why is Oxycontin, Alcohol, Tobacco and High Fructose Corn Syrup fully legal for use?

Those four kill hundreds of thousands of people a year.....

Weed..........zero.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That sucks but you can't have people intoxicated at work for obvious reasons. I can't imagine the liability if some injury happened as well.

I hear that it is hard to test for since your urine can come back positive for a monthish after use making it hard to show use while driving or at work. They have blood test for DUI situations right?

The liability could ruin me and the company

I am sending a letter saying we are piss testing everyone out n a month but if they fail the boss wants to give them a month to take a second test to give them time to straighten up and the boss doesn’t want our insurance company to get the results of the first tests?? Because they will just jack up our rates

Hell I have maybe 25 guys here today and the fence demo crew are both high, 3 of the concrete prep crew are high, two utility sub guys are high and one of my carpenters I think is high and I told him yesterday he stank of weed and that anyone can smell the weed smell emanating from his vehicle from50 feet away and I told him to quit smoking it and to get a half dozen of those stinky Christmas tree air fresheners and put in his Jeep, his response was he can’t till payday. I asked if he had enough weed till payday and he just laughed.

He’s apparently got money for weed but none to even try and cover the smell up!!

I used to take a couple guys to the supply house to get large loads put on the truck and to unload it but I am halfway scared to put them in my truck for fear I will get pulled over and put in a jam because they may have that shit in their pockets

It’s fvcking rediculous

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If that were the case why is Oxycontin, Alcohol, Tobacco and High Fructose Corn Syrup fully legal for use?

Those four kill hundreds of thousands of people a year.....

Weed..........zero.

Weed kills plenty of people

They may not of on it but I have known potheads that have wrecked cars and died, fallen overboard and drowned, ran their mouths and gotten beaten to death, and some have started with cigarettes switched to weed then coke then horse then died.

It happens every day

If it was all illegal I wouldn’t shed a tear but judging by what I see in construction if it was all legal these morons would be dropping dead here on the sight daily, and I would say good riddance.

People have far to little control of themselves nowadays and I don’t know why

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Taxes, lobbyists, pay offs, bribes.

The politicians don't have the infrastructure in place for marijuana yet. Once they have their network of corruption in place I have no doubt it'll be made legal nationwide.

My point was that since it's now legal with a medical card in some places, some people can't use it responsibly. Smoking pot before and during work is not responsible, niether is drinking.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Taxes, lobbyists, pay offs, bribes.

The politicians don't have the infrastructure in place for marijuana yet. Once they have their network of corruption in place I have no doubt it'll be made legal nationwide.

My point was that since it's now legal with a medical card in some places, some people can't use it responsibly. Smoking pot before and during work is not responsible, niether is drinking.

There it is.

Everything in moderation (including moderation).

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Started on cigarettes and switched to weed?

Lol.....

Okay, I'm done for now.

1969ish in bum **** nowhere where I am from you has to sneak in the only local drinking establishment and put 1.35 in a machine and get cigarettes ( or drive 50 miles round trip to the next drinking establishment and back on your bicycle)and you got you ass beat with a broken pool que if the bartender could catch you. So it was easier and the results were better just buying a $5 bag of weed and 6 rolling papers from the local pothead.

I didn’t fall off the turnip truck this morning

Weed kills just as anything else people dull their senses with. Get fvcked up and drive, work on a boat, run heavy equipment, climb ladders, bang shingles, your just one miscalculation away from yourself or those around you dying.

A weed card to easy my back pain or give me some relief from this cancer means giving up my 2a rights and being cross with federal law. I can’t have that

Pretty simple

As long as what others do doesn’t affect me I could not give two shits, the thing is as I sit here watching the bobcat driver who I know is high as shit trying to prep concrete with his partner in front of him pinned between the bucket and a masonry wall and the drive past my truck to get more gravel puts his partner, myself, my property, my job, the company I work does insurance all at risk.

People are just stupid

I hope they legalize everything including bath salts so I can watch the population drop drastically so property values go down so I can buy some more land and tools and guns from stupid people estates lol

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I remember my first full time job out of high school in trade work, half the employees were always on some type of gimmick. A lot of laborer type positions were filled with the goofball weed smokers, the old dogs who worked their careers there would only pour a little Jim beam in all their cups of coffee.

Turn over rate was high for some positions, some peeps got shit canned for unsafe stuff but some positions were staffed by half sober people who's operator skill and reliability they didn't want to let walk out of the door.

The worst are definitely the half functional alcoholics and opioid users on the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom