• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I have been trying to self teach myself how to throw a cast net- to no avail. Yesterday, while slacking off at work, I came across this technique, which seemed far less complicated. I got it on the second throw and was consistently throwing near perfect circles by the fifth toss.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Thats how I do it. In fact I think I learned from the same video. Just watch out for those weights smacking you on the knuckles. That really tickles!

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I have been trying to self teach myself how to throw a cast net- to no avail. Yesterday, while slacking off at work, I came across this technique, which seemed far less complicated. I got it on the second throw and was consistently throwing near perfect circles by the fifth toss.

That's almost exactly how I learned to throw one, and I had a husky when I learned too :)

The blonde in the video above has a whole series of videos. Good watching if you are a fishing enthusiast :innocent0

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Figured it’s easier to ask here over starting a separate thread. What size and brand is best to start with? Primary use will be catching bait for rock fish and catfish.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Figured it’s easier to ask here over starting a separate thread. What size and brand is best to start with? Primary use will be catching bait for rock fish and catfish.

smaller is better to learn on. 8 or 10' would probably be a good place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom