• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Where is a place near Ft meade where I can take my wife to fire my shotgun. Don't want to join a club just to have her try it or try to have her shoot trap or skeet. Just to shoot it a few times at a target? Thanks

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    AGC in Marriottsville has public trap Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoon. Bring a gun. Ammo can be brought but is available for sale.

PG County Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays is off the BW Parkway in Greenbelt. It's county operated. Guns can be rented.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    AGC in Marriottsville has public trap Wednesday nights and Sunday afternoon. Bring a gun. Ammo can be brought but is available for sale.

PG County Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays is off the BW Parkway in Greenbelt. It's county operated. Guns can be rented.

Marriottsville is an EXCELLENT choice.........

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Will they allow just straight target shooting. I dont want her trying to hit flying objects if she has never fired a shotgun.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    Will they allow just straight target shooting. I dont want her trying to hit flying objects if she has never fired a shotgun.

AGC public trap on Wednesdays and Sundays is just trap.
    We do have a lot of beginners that come out to public trap and everyone remembers what it is like to be a beginner. They are very helpful and will help people out.

Trap at Marriotsville is $5 per round for non-members. I don't know how much shells are.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia

The first time my fiance shot a shotgun was shooting trap. Most clubs will have someone help her if it's her first time. Just try to stay away from the creepy kid at PG who was all touchy-feeley with my fiance and her friends. I had to step him tell him "I got it buddy." :mad54:

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    Since you are at FGGM, try PG County Shooting Center in Greenbelt as recommended. Take her to the patterning board with some low-recoil #8 shot loads. The key will be the "fit". Make sure that she mounts the gun properly. Otherwise she will not be happy and neither will you.

PM for an instructor recommendation at PGC

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I'm a rookie member, so definitely not an expert, but as I understand at AGC Marriottsville you can shoot shotgun at a paper target on their designated Shotgun Patterning Range, or on the Barnes 100 yd range as long as you can put the load through the target at the proper distance from ground based on shooting position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom