• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Just saw this on another FB site and thought I would share. Visual references usually help explain things.

FB_IMG_1554045801376.jpg

P.S. It is not me, or my rifle.

Q

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Careful, you'll put your eye out with that thing.... :D

I've knocked off adjacent soda cans on neighboring benches with mine :)

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Lots of pressure coming out of those ports. Once witnesses a almost empty gatorade bottle get ripped wide open and thrown 15ft from an m82a1.

Always hilarious to watch others jump when a Barrett is shot in their close proximity. :D

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Wow, it's like people don't even know how guns work.

62,000psi is a lot of pressure. And energy has to go somewhere.

Glad no one was hurt.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Like, it's just a blast of air, right?:innocent0 Some of these folks also think blanks don't hurt either. The more you know.... The shooter probably knew, but had a momentary lapse.

Q

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    That's why I always ask the RO if I can shoot my AR50 down the line a ways from everyone else.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Like, it's just a blast of air, right?:innocent0 Some of these folks also think blanks don't hurt either. The more you know.... The shooter probably knew, but had a momentary lapse.

Q

My brother-in-law caught the air blast from his pneumatic nailer in the stomach the other day. Was leaning on it trying to nail a rafter and BAM (so direct contact with the vent port).

Didn't raise a bruise, but 100+PSI in the stomach hurts and knocked the wind out of him for a few seconds.

Hasn't made that mistake since and will probably remember that one for a long time.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Be careful out there!

:lol2: and then :sad20:

Saw my brother blow the hell out of a boat cushion, using it as a rest, while siting in an ar. 40 yr's ago or so.
    One of the old ones from back in the day - kapoc filled.
    He had the end of the barrel resting on the thing.
    Looked like it was snowing!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I think the truck is actually a ford, but either way its a good thing that the tail light was the only casualty. I warned a guy not to set up on the bench next to me some years ago and got an answer to the effect that he would set up wherever he wanted. I elected to mind my own business, he's a big boy, after all. About twenty minutes later he was threatening me due to my 300RUM equipped with JP Recoil Eliminator tossing his AR onto the concrete. I think the damaged optic was the real source of his frustration and anger. I admit that I was mildly amused. The RO on duty is a great guy, but has no tolerance for stupid. He informed the gentleman that he could shut up or leave in very direct fashion.

I try to warn people but some just don't want to be helped.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    the YHM QD mount for a can I have that is a brake I used my range bag as a support for my 300 blk and there are some parts that the brake did a number on the range bag

Bluemax

Member in good standing
    Jun 12, 2010
    southern maryland
    A few years back, I had a gentleman next to me who would handle his rifle when we were down setting up targets, he apologized the first time, the second time he became some what belligerent. Since he would not leave, the 6 quick rounds/blast from my 6 gill muzzle break on the 50BMG convinced him it was time to go...Bad Karma follows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom