• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Visited the local Habitat for Humanity Restore for some cheap paint and they had a shelf full of books. Picked up a '93 dated red softback copy of Scott Duff's M1 Garand: WWII for a dollar. They also had a bunch of late 80's catalog type 'books' that were full of current late '80's offerings.

Just had to share. :)

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    No signature. It has a $20 gun style price sticker on the front so I suspect it was bought at a show or gun shop. I'm only a couple pages into it and it seems well written for the time period and authors experience.

I am currently reading A Time For Trumpets: the story of the battle of the bulge by Charles Macdonald that is signed which is pretty cool. He was there and wrote a bunch of WWII books. Picked it up for a couple bucks at Wonder Book and Video.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No signature. It has a $20 gun style price sticker on the front so I suspect it was bought at a show or gun shop. I'm only a couple pages into it and it seems well written for the time period and authors experience.

I am currently reading A Time For Trumpets: the story of the battle of the bulge by Charles Macdonald that is signed which is pretty cool. He was there and wrote a bunch of WWII books. Picked it up for a couple bucks at Wonder Book and Video.

In my opinion Scott Duff is the preeminent expert on the Garand. If you EVER need a question answered, he is the person to contact. When I ran an old pre internet BBS forum on the Garand and M14, he was a member and I got to know him then. A great guy.

BTW, Perfect Union took over the forum when the interweb came around. Check it out if you're interested in either of these rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom