• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Has anyone put together a summary of the changes? I'm too lazy to read the whole thing again.

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    Has anyone put together a summary of the changes? I'm too lazy to read the whole thing again.

I'm sure some will crop up soon. Just from my quick reading, here are a few things that popped out for me:

- New CCP Division
    - BUG equipment and match changes
    - Elimination of flat-footed reload rule
    - Consolidation of Revolver Division

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Thanks. Reload rule is the only one of those that could matter to me personally. I don't shoot in the other three divisions.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Idpa isn't as bad as uspsa ammo wise.
    It's still cash. I haven't been out to the range in over a month, and that was to test my new G26. Not planning on going back out till i have a range membership and case of 9mm. Bills are killing me...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It's still cash. I haven't been out to the range in over a month, and that was to test my new G26. Not planning on going back out till i have a range membership and case of 9mm. Bills are killing me...
    I know the feeling.. Been couple months here (Oct believe since I shot idpa or uspsa).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I know the feeling.. Been couple months here (Oct believe since I shot idpa or uspsa).

July here. Time's been an issue too. Looking to break that this year -- just need a month or two more :thumbsup:

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I take back my earlier comment. It looks like I will be shooting CCP as my XD has the 4" barrel.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    A big change in penalty times, it appears the "only 1 hit on a non-threat" per target has been removed. Shoot the same bad guy 3 times, it's 3 HNT penalties now....

4.14 Hit On Non-Threat
    A hit on Non-Threat (HNT) is defined as a hit in any scoring zone of a target that is designated a non-threat.
    A reactive non-threat target (steel, reactive polymer, etc.) must react properly to a hit to be scored as a HNT.
    Each hit on a Non-Threat adds 5 seconds to the shooter’s score.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Is there any place near Bethesda where you can shoot idpa or uspsa events / style dynamic targets? I'm getting really board punching paper indoors but can't haul 60 miles near Frederick. Thurmont is the closest place I'm aware of....

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Try Anne Arundel Fish and Game at Annapolis for IDPA, USPSA, Steel challenge and other Action Pistol/shotgun/Rimfire Multigun matches. Thurmont is good for USPSA and IDPA. There are a few IDPA matches at Fairfax Rod and Gun Club. Quantico has USPSA and Steel Challenge. Open up your range a little bit and Fredericksburg has USPSA matches. Tons of stuff to do within an hour drive. Tons more within two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom