• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Chopper in the air, half a dozen PG Co Police cruisers parked on medians and shoulders of 210 near Beretta Dr.

Anyone know what's up?

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    i just drove through there and they had a motorcycle pulled over.

Lol that's it? I know they do motorcycle asshattery enforcement but this seems like a weird time for it. I figured with the chopper above they were pursuing someone dangerous.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    They do that once a month. Motorcycles use that stretch as a race track. It was getting crazy out there last week. Guys on race bikes were zooming past me doing well over 120 mph if not more on my way home from work earlier this week. The strange thing about it is. There was about 4 cars pulled over getting tickets . Why in the hell would a person speed along a stretch of road 3 miles long with over 20 police cars staged along that stretch. I dont get it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Why in the hell would a person speed along a stretch of road 3 miles long with over 20 police cars staged along that stretch. I dont get it.

Thrill of running from the cops and knowing they can't catch you.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    Why in the hell would a person speed along a stretch of road 3 miles long with over 20 police cars staged along that stretch. I dont get it.

Only one or two were running radar. And lots of LEO's in MD drive around with theirs on all the time. Even before the rolling radar became popular. People do get pulled over for things other than speeding.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    They do that once a month. Motorcycles use that stretch as a race track. It was getting crazy out there last week. Guys on race bikes were zooming past me doing well over 120 mph if not more on my way home from work earlier this week. The strange thing about it is. There was about 4 cars pulled over getting tickets . Why in the hell would a person speed along a stretch of road 3 miles long with over 20 police cars staged along that stretch. I dont get it.

Since a PG County Officer got indicted in 2008 as a result of a fatal accident on the beltway while pursuing a motorcycle, most officers don't want to get involved in chasing them. A Judge dismissed the case, but you can bet that other officers took note of what happened to that officer and don't want to risk having it happen to them.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/..._1_police-officer-fatal-chase-capital-beltway

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom