• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    Thanks for posting this. It seems to provide a positive answer (at least on the fed level) about buying a firearm when staying at a 2nd home in another state. Now I just need to verify SC law.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Thanks for posting this. It seems to provide a positive answer (at least on the fed level) about buying a firearm when staying at a 2nd home in another state. Now I just need to verify SC law.

All that assumes that the seller is willing to go on something other than a driver's license. Many are not. There was even one thread on here about a gun shop owner down south who wanted to see a member's drivers license before he would even show him any firearms. Plus, if you look at the "Clydes" thread, evil self-aggrandizing bastard Bloomberg now wants gun shop owners to somehow scrutinize IDs even more.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    My son tells me he can buy in South Carolina with his VA drivers license and a copy of his orders. They are very used to dealing with military in the area.

XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    Yeah I figured that getting the seller to accept alternate ID would be the challenge. I'm not military so I can't use the orders angle but I should be able to use other proof that I have a "home" there (which I do) and not just property.

There are plenty of shops in the area and I have seen a few things that seemed to be good deas. l I just hoped that if I had references to the applicable laws it might be easier to convince the seller I'm legit if I see something too good to pass up.

Even without the firearms angle I have been bothered that I don't have any ID showing my address down there. I have the documentation I need if I wanted to "move" there and get a license. But, if I did that and they actually took my Md license I would then have to lose it and get a copy to give back to Md when I "move" back here. Just too much of a pita for the chance to pick up a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom