• Status
    Not open for further replies.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup yup yup

OP- If you started asking well worded, legitimate questions, we would be much quicker to forget that time (when you were brand spankin new) you tore into the clown and told him to "Goggle it Einstein". Unfortunately, you have a really bad habit of continuing to make rude and belittling comments towards fellow MDS'ers.
    We all have a few people we don't get along with on this forum. The smart ones just stop agitating each other. Hell, one of the most knowledgeable AR15 guys within hundreds of miles has posted in this exact thread. Your snarky comments won't encourage him to offer you assistance. FWIW- I speak from experience, as he is the only MDS'er I have ever straight up burned bridges with.
    Try taking some time off and come back with a better attitude. We can be a really friendly and helpful group of guys and gals.

100%

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    I will anyways. You ruin them on your own pretty well.

I know you were bullied as a child. So now as an adult you feel like you must do this to a Noob? I am not very well at being social. I do not spend thousands of hours on the Net as you do. Your a great example of why I do not like forums and online media.. Does that make you feel all mighty now? 10,000 clown in the world without a job and one is here. Pathetic you are,

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I know you were bullied as a child. So now as an adult you feel like you must do this to a Noob? I am not very well at being social. I do not spend thousands of hours on the Net as you do. Your a great example of why I do not like forums and online media.. Does that make you feel all mighty now? 10,000 clown in the world without a job and one is here. Pathetic you are,

...ask him where he types from......clue: its in a basement....

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    ...ask him where he types from......clue: its in a basement....

i am sitting on my leather chair that is located in my Home.I do have a very comfortable basement if you must know. It includes a bar, a pool table, a air hockey table , a Foosball table , a dedicated home theater, a compete finished bathroom suite and a guest room. Perhaps you would like to come over and hang out sometime?
    We could be " Basement Buddies."

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    i am sitting on my leather chair that is located in my Home.I do have a very comfortable basement if you must know. It includes a bar, a pool table, a air hockey table , a Foosball table , a dedicated home theater, a compete finished bathroom suite and a guest room. Perhaps you would like to come over and hang out sometime?

No silly....I mean where DA types from.....

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

Seriously. You can barely put a sentence together. I'd get out of that basement.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Why must you ruin every God damn thread I start?
    I asked a question . A serious question . I am sorry that I even bothered.

Thank you for all that answered my question and Educated me.

it was just a question i had, Not knowing much about the barrel and the difference that being top heavy would or could have on the performance if any?

You don't need to respond.

First time on the internet?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Hello,

On a 16" AR HB; when you add a flash suppressor to the barrell how do you keep a good balance ?

Can this done by adding washers?
    Does the factory take the extra weight into consideration when they manufacture the barrells?

Thanks,

Ill try to give you an answer to part or some of your question. Yes factories that produce specific barrels for a weapons platforms take into consideration the addition of weight to the barrel along any portion of its length to minimize jump and vibration characteristics to maintain its regulation with different types of ammunition to remain inside measured performance criteria.

See L42A1 and something else like m1 Garand c-D with pronged and two different types of coned flash suppressors.
    Browning BOSS system could also be included for recent commercial offerings.

Im not sure if the process is a chief consideration for the general AR type of rifle platform but as popular as they are someone out there has done some experimentation.

As far as balancing one out, keep in mind the weight of the ammunition/capacity and the center of gravity (how it changes) for where it is located prior to feeding the rifle.
    Also the angle at which the pistol grip is at and where your grasp is (high low) can have a profound effect for controlling fore and aft yaw and left or right tilt especially if you reach over the top to hit the bolt release from a fixed position while maintaining a sight picture at the same time.

For a short rifle in a role that changes rapidly, vehicle to field or in a structure I wouldn't worry about it too much. A couple washers you would be hard pressed to notice with out a certain degree of skill-set.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Clandestine is right again....blame the clown....uh....einstein.....

I made no comment or reference to any other posting prior to this thread,
    SO why do you feel that you need to bring this up?

I said I was ****ing sorry in the last postings that was destroyed.

I do not want your god damn friendship. I asked a question.

I just thought that things that happened 2 weeks ago is in the past.
    I was wrong. You all think that being thick skinned is the way to gain your friendship .
    I am thick skinned but what does that have to do with anything?
    I was just looking for some information. I did rub a few of you wrong in the first few posts , again I said I was sorry.

if you can not accept my apology then f**k you and the horse that you rode in on.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member

I was wrong. You all think that being thick skinned is the way to gain your friendship .
    I was just looking for some information. I did rub a few of you wrong in the first few posts , again I said I was sorry.

if you can not accept my apology then f**k you and the horse that you rode in on.

Keep your cool and don't curse people. Lots of good stuff here with people who will take the time to show you face to face or do some coaching one on one.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    bGniLfU.gif

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Ill try to give you an answer to part or some of your question. Yes factories that produce specific barrels for a weapons platforms take into consideration the addition of weight to the barrel along any portion of its length to minimize jump and vibration characteristics to maintain its regulation with different types of ammunition to remain inside measured performance criteria.

See L42A1 and something else like m1 Garand c-D with pronged and two different types of coned flash suppressors.
    Browning BOSS system could also be included for recent commercial offerings.

Im not sure if the process is a chief consideration for the general AR type of rifle platform but as popular as they are someone out there has done some experimentation.

As far as balancing one out, keep in mind the weight of the ammunition/capacity and the center of gravity (how it changes) for where it is located prior to feeding the rifle.
    Also the angle at which the pistol grip is at and where your grasp is (high low) can have a profound effect for controlling fore and aft yaw and left or right tilt especially if you reach over the top to hit the bolt release from a fixed position while maintaining a sight picture at the same time.

For a short rifle in a role that changes rapidly, vehicle to field or in a structure I wouldn't worry about it too much. A couple washers you would be hard pressed to notice with out a certain degree of skill-set.

Thank you very much. I have shot 60 Rounds out of the Pistol since it was assembled. It is difficult for me to get comfortable having the shorter barrel.
    I do reach over the top to hit the bolt release. I try to add a little bit of an angle when I site the plate, just to make sure that i am not over compensating the shots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom