• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Yeah...I think Ford 150s are wonderful pick up trucks. Does that make me a Ford fan boy? Never even owned a Ford.

We get it, some of you hate Colt. But you probably hate Tom Brady and Michael Jordan.

Let me guess. You worked at a gun shop one time.

Nope- never worked at a gunshop, but thanks for proving my point :)

Also, I don’t hate colt. I don’t particularly care for their tactics of selling to the public, then not selling to the public, to selling to the public bs etc... but that’s another story.

Some folks just don’t see the value like the fanboys do. I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand. Lots of people that think a colt might be worth more than a delton for example, but not double the price more. Just my opinion :)

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    I have a brand new delton heavy barrel with mlok rail. Got it right before covid shut things down. Seems to be better made them my last psa rifle but not on par with my Ruger 556. That's just my opinion, only been into rifles for a few yrs. The delton could find a new home..
    What would be a good sale price? Of course not price gouge but competive in the current market.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have two ARs and didn't spend much for either of them, but my cheapest AR is a Del Ton that I got on a special blem deal - midlength rifle kit (the upper was completed) and because it was a blem, it was only like $229 for the whole thing. Granted, there is nothing fancy about it - it has a picatinny rail on top of the upper, and the handguards are the traditional old style plastic handguards. There doesn't seem to be anything special about the BCG - I think it's MilSpec, and I'd have to go back to see what the barrel is - I don't think it's chrome lined. For $229, I kinda doubt it. With that said, everything is put together well. I have yet to shoot it though, so at this point I can't speak to how well it functions.

In any case, $850 seems like it could be in the ballpark, depending on the combination of parts. If it has a whiz-bang BCG, or a really nice barrel, then $850 wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. For a standard AR with mostly MilSpec parts, it seems a bit high.

Comparatively, I just bought a PSA upper to go on a lower I already had, and I paid just over $400 for it. Stainless 223 Wylde barrel, free floating lightweight M-Lock handguards, nickel-boron BCG, and Magpul MBUS sights. I could have gotten it without the NiB BCG for about $50 less. Altogether I have about $600 in that rifle.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Really good stuff on here. It was as basic as basic gets so definitely just gouged prices. Not something I’d be willing to pay esp when, something of better manufacture or something like a mini 30 isn’t much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Really good stuff on here. It was as basic as basic gets so definitely just gouged prices. Not something I’d be willing to pay esp when, something of better manufacture or something like a mini 30 isn’t much more.

As an FYI, I was at Engage yesterday and picked up 2 in house lowers. $85 each and I was out in 45 minutes. They had 30 left as of yesterday afternoon.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

Ruger Mini 30s are going in the $800-$900 range - nice guns!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    something special about those lowers ?

85 dollars for a stripped lower seems a bit high in my opinion.

Even the "on sale" lowers on the interewebz will be close to this with shipping and transfer. It's also not an Anderson.....

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    The Colt vs Del-Ton comparison is hilarious. The market sets prices for a good reason.

$85 is a good price for a lower in this environment. If you get a cheap one online, the transfer fees would eat up any savings.

A lower lasts forever. It isn’t a place to save just a couple of bucks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    True story on the Anderson’s doc. I was just curious though. Everyone rants and raves about anything engage, so I thought I’d ask.

I have 2 of their billet sets. Very well done. I believe they do good QC on their products.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Got better options? I'm all ears.

Continental Arms has Aero Precision M4E1 lowers for $95 each. I picked up two.

Say what you want about Aero, but these things are freakin nice.

My other lowers are DD and Spikes and they are at least as good.

Another local shop that shall not be named was selling stripped Anderson lowers for $100 each :tdown:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Continental Arms has Aero Precision M4E1 lowers for $95 each. I picked up two.

Say what you want about Aero, but these things are freakin nice.

My other lowers are DD and Spikes and they are at least as good.

Another local shop that shall not be named was selling stripped Anderson lowers for $100 each :tdown:

TMG has Aero for about the same price. I agree that the stripped lowers are good.

100 for Anderson is basically theft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom