• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I seen a sign in downtown Denton called The Gunfather gun store. The grand opening is supposed to be this Saturday. It is right next to the nail salon on Market St.

Does anyone know anything about this dealer? I may have to go check it out. Will be nice having something close by me.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Yes grand opening is saturday 2-4pm. I don't know much about the guy other than he has been an FFL for a while and did sales and transfers out of his home. Other than that I don't know anything else. I may swing by to see whats up Sat.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Great to have a place in town. Hope he is able to survive as not much seems to make it in that area. Also will need to drop off some DVFC gun bash fliers to him.

Mako

MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2016
    ES of MD
    Recently getting the HQL we were pretty limited with viable options and selection so the more the merrier. We are about 30 minutes from Molly's, but 20 min from Denton and always there.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Just did a drive bye and there is still paper covering the windows and door. I didnt see any signs or anything saying they were opening tomorrow. I will probably still slip bye tomorrow to see.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Just did a drive bye and there is still paper covering the windows and door. I didnt see any signs or anything saying they were opening tomorrow. I will probably still slip bye tomorrow to see.

I just talked to my cousin who is director of Commerce for CC and she just received an email saying it's still on for tomorrow.

Mako

MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2016
    ES of MD
    I went by around 11:45 and windows were still covered and such, never made it by in the 2-4 range.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Okay guys I went in a little after 2 and the store is really nice and clean. It was really crowded so there was not much of a chance on getting to the counter. There was not a huge inventory currently but I am sure that could change pretty easy as there was room for it. I seen what I assume was husband and wife behind the counter working and they seemed quite nice and friendly. They had a table set up with some finger food and snacks for the crowd as well as some water.

I will have to go back when not as crowded to get a better look around and report back.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Okay guys I went in a little after 2 and the store is really nice and clean. It was really crowded so there was not much of a chance on getting to the counter. There was not a huge inventory currently but I am sure that could change pretty easy as there was room for it. I seen what I assume was husband and wife behind the counter working and they seemed quite nice and friendly. They had a table set up with some finger food and snacks for the crowd as well as some water.

I will have to go back when not as crowded to get a better look around and report back.

Are operating days/hours posted? Didn't see any when I went by Thursday afternoon.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Not to be that guy, but hopefully they have a decent security setup. I still remember when Denton Pharmacy was broken into in the middle of one of the hurricanes through the roof using a ladder from the place across the street.

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Hopefully they will sell reloading supplies. I'd pay a little extra for powder to avoid the hazmat fees and having to be home to sign for it.

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Stopped in there the other night. Nice guy. He told me he is waiting for a few HBARs to stock, and he had some nice savage bolt rifles. There was also a bunch of .22 lr on the shelf and had to leave with at least one box.

Gun Met

07 FFL / 02 SOT
    Nov 1, 2015
    If you haven't stopped in to see them I highly recommend them. I deal with almost all the shops in MD and The Gunfather is one of the best in terms of pricing and customer service. Just a really great guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom